ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwood 2Pot calipers at rear brakes

Clio 172 ph2
Done now:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 226
  Clio 172 ph2
Wilwood calipers have two opposite pistons, so they brake better then standard. And they are very light - this is important for race car!!!

Front calipers are Wilwood 4-pot:

Attachments

• 31052012039.jpg
    31052012039.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 155
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 148
  Clio 172
Wilwood calipers have two opposite pistons, so they brake better then standard. And they are very light - this is important for race car!!!

Front calipers are Wilwood 4-pot:

With a FWD car there is so little rear brake force used it seems a bit of a pointless upgrade. I can see the need for the fronts but surely you'll be forever locking the rear wheels up under hard braking.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
With a FWD car there is so little rear brake force used it seems a bit of a pointless upgrade. I can see the need for the fronts but surely you'll be forever locking the rear wheels up under hard braking.

brake bias valve. i pressume he will set the braking to something like 60F-40R or 70-30.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Think I've learnt something new lol. Rear disk braked cars have cables to the calipers.

I only thought drum brakes had cables lol

Such an amature ( sp ) :eek:

Clio 172 ph2
brake bias valve. i pressume he will set the braking to something like 60F-40R or 70-30.

Tandem with two master cylinders with brake bias proportioning. Vacuum brake booster is removed, as well as ABS and ESP. Hydraulic handbrake.

And yes, this is race-only car ;)

27a05d39e8cd.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Legend!

How much has the rear set up cost in total? Who cares if it isn't needed, looks so cool.