ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wind damage

Forester STi SG9
Terrible winds here right now! Blown our silver birch reet out of the ground and onto our wall and on top of the neighbours mazda and their new mini cooper! I must say I got off rather lightly! The only branches that were touching my car were only touching the rear window. Pleased to say I don't think there is a scratch on the clio. She's now tucked away safely under a railway arch. :)

IMG_20131224_004946.jpgIMG_20131224_004742.jpgIMG_20131224_005227.jpgIMG_20131224_005235.jpg

I just took a run to asda to pick up some wrapping paper and there's bins littered all over the roads lol I almost got caught out by one today, it got swept right in front of me but luckily managed to dodge it.

Spotted a few tree surgeons too, f**k getting up in the middle of the night to cut a tree up in this weather.

Forester STi SG9
wtf happened there !? ^ ^ lol There is no safer place than the railway arch, we are surrounded by monstrous 400 year old trees that I was worrying would also get uprooted. I must say I was getting a bit paranoid last night worrying that our 400 year old acacia tree was going to come crashing through my bedroom window. That tree could easily take our house down it is simply badass!
IMG_20131224_155916.jpg

Well, we've managed to chop up and remove most of the fallen tree (which turns out to be a eucalyptus and not a silver birch) and had the damage to the neighbours car assessed which turned out to be just a dented bonnet. I'm glad I don't have to worry about any of that though! Clio is clean as a whistle :rasp:

FF RB 182
Driving down a busy country road last night in my mates disco when we are confronted with this, about 6 cars behind us and another car the other side just sat there. So me and my mate jump put, in about 4 inches of water getting soaking wet, tie the rope to the tree and to his disco and pull it back out the way. Road opened again, we felt like heroes ;) lol

1486903_10202327042473349_1766001471_n.jpg