ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window mechanism

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Driving home the other day and when I went to lift the window (electric) I heard a loud bang/shatter noise and the window stopped coming up. Lifted it up by hand and was ok for a bit.

Took it to my mechanic and he said it needed a new mechanism and runner. This was £135!! Asked what happened and he said teh majority of the mechanism is plastic and it just got brittle and shattered.

He said because you can hear clicking on the passenger side that one's likely to go soon, so that is 330 on bloody windows!!!

Anyone had same problem. i'm guessing the car being black and absobing heat probably doesn't help.

J

Jim NM

Not too bad a job to do I have done two pug 306's and an R5 Turbo I got the window regulators from GSF There were around £65 mark

I think £135.00 is far too expensive...:) it sounds to me that the track is worn I'm not sure if yours has bolts retaining the window to the mech or it could be like the pugs with a rubber grommet through a hole in the glass with a plastic peg and clip

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
mine also went a few days ago, the cables been eaten by the motor, ebay has the motor, cables and runner for 60 quid buy it know, u can probably get it cheaper if u wait for an auction, easy to fit!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
60-70 quid from gsf and an hour of your time at most start to finish.

Did my passenger one not long ago, the replacement from gsf looked and felt a lot more sturdy than the original as well.

BMW 335i M-Sport
£65 for euro parts...just done her passenger side mechanism tonight three months after the driver side went......beware the cheaper it costs the poorer the fit...Im having trouble with the window rattling now when the door is being closed