ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window probs HELP!

window has stopped working and it is down.

took of door card and the wire seems to be ina bit of a tangle just wondering what it might be and anyone got any clues?

anyone got a diagram of window or anything?

james

Punto/Clio GTT
does the motor make a sound as you press the button?

follow the wire as much as you can as it should wrap round white circle cog things

RB 182
If it's the clip in the middle then you need the whole motor part as it is one complete unit from Renault.

visualize whirled pe
It's your window regulator that comes as one unit with the motor. Same happened to me, cant remeber how much it cost but it wasnt cheap, I think the part alone is £120ish new. It's a window out job and fair pain so we took it in to get done. Renault wanted somthing like £400 for the job.

Punto/Clio GTT
i think only hard thing about it is removing the rubber from around the window as its metal. if you bend it slightly you'll need a new one and they are an absoluter fucker to get out without bending.

RB 182
Had to replace mine a few weeks back, Renault wanted £201 for just the part, got it all fitted for £175 that day which was fine for me as I didn't have the time to do it at the time.

visualize whirled pe
Wasnt impressed when this happend to me. The window motors on renaults sound like electric tin openers, the ones in my old scirocco were powerful and closed with a solid thunk.

Punto/Clio GTT
ordering a new one and doin it my self any hints?

rather you than me :p

easy job.

i reckon 2 main things that you could damage are either the window rubber (which is metal inside) so if you bend it you need a new one as they are a b*****d to bend back to shape, near impossible.. or, scratching the paintwork sliding the window in place, or even smashing the window.

door pad off, window right down, try take off the seal, then window out, motor out, motor back in, slide window in and the rubber

Clio DCi 65
Think the same has happened to mine,

Will have to check it tomorow!

Been offered both passenger and drivers door for cheap so could probably take it from the door!

R26r R26
Mine broke yesterday:mad: Renault want £200 just for the part:mad: :mad: .Available on ebay for approx £50.Robbing b******s.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Go down the breakers and get one off of there!

Ill get you one if you want.... (for a small price) ;)

Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.0
this has happened to me twice and iv done it myself its a piece of piss window or seals dont have to be removed at all !! u slide window down so tht u can take clip out pop the motor clip out the hole in the window and then take out the five 10mm nuts and the motor show come out easy if i stayed near you m8 i wouldve done it. and again maybe its easy for me since im a mechanic for peugeot must just be french shite haha