ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window security film / tinting query

A black one

After some chav smashed my window last night, Im looking to get something put on the windows to make the glass tougher so that even if you chuck a brick at it you wont be able to put the window through (although it will break the glass).

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I should go for or where I can get it?

Ive heard you can get security film to protect the windows - then theres also tinting - or are they the same thing? I mean, if you get the windows tinted, will it strengthen them enough prevent people being able to break the window?

With tinting, whats the legality of it now, and how dark can you go before youre running the risk of being stopped by the feds?

For legal info on tinting have a look here: http://www.sol-ace.co.uk/FAQs.htmhttp://www.sol-ace.co.uk/FAQs.htm

I think security film and tinting film are pretty much the same thing - both are a film which is stuck on the inside of the glass. They both will strengthen the glass from being smashed inwards, but I am sure the tinting film is not quite as tough as the security film.

Personally I would go for security film as tinted windows is more likely to attract the wrong sort of attention from chavs and coppers.

I had my windows tinted on my old car (legal tints)... Some dickhead tried to break in by smashing the window... The glass shatted but was held in by the tinting film. Worth every penny. Going to get them done on the 182.

A black one

cheers guys, thats what I was hoping (glass stays in place = no luck for Mr tea leaf).

Do you have any recommendations for places in the South West that do this sort of thing?

Sorry I dont. Do a search on Google. I had mine done by Cappuccino Tints but there North... They come to your house or work place.