ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window switch causing temp gauge to go up - bad earth?

Clio 172 RS ph1
Hey guys, so my troublesome clio is at it again.
i used to have a problem with the temp warning light coming on with the gauge showing normal temp, so i looked at the cts loom and it was all melted insulation, i repaired it and it was alright, until few days ago when i pushed the car a bit, towing a small trailer (car has a tow hook, total weight wasn't more than 500-600 lbs, but it was a long uphill) now it seems that the temp gauge is showing one dot higher than the usual (it used to be right on the dot bellow the middle not it's middle and when in traffic one above - i live in a warm place). i also noticed that when i roll my window up, at the moment it reaches the top, and i keep the button pressed, the temp gauge flies to the top, as i release it - it goes back to normal, i also have a problem with the rpm sticking to 2000 till i blip the throttle, i have a new ICV and TDC, so all that got me suspecting bad earth. my minus cable looks pretty old and a bit rusty (the insulation was gone - i put electrical tape on it), can it be the cause? where are other earthing points?
i also noticed the interior light flickering slightly after closing the doors.

car's driving me crazy.... (it's a 172 ph1 btw)

Clio 172 RS ph1
bumping this old thread,
i have replaced the battery to chasis earth, still no luck.
is it the dash cluster?
i fixed most of the issues, but this temp gauge - is driving me nuts