ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window tinting advice

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
i want to get my windows tinted cos i've got a full black leather set of seats and i'm not looking forward to the summer if you catch my drift. I would also like it done to preserve the colour cos it is out in the sun all day. Can i do it myself or is it too difficult or a tutorial to show me? I'm in lancashire so if there are anyone knows where is the best place to get it done that would be great.

dont try it yourself, tried it and wasted money

best get a pro to do it

beware though, i dont think it is even worth tinting the fronts as the legal/illegal line is so so easy to cross and so many people on here get done.

mine are meant to be 25% all round but im not worried that that will add to the factory % (even though mine is the base level clio) and so be illegal!

hope this gives you a little help mate :)

jamie

L

lenny85

get a pro to do it. Got mine done about 3 months ago and never looked back. think my front windows are about 5% over legal limit but not been stopped yet:cool:

Rsport182Cup'd
i had front sides rear sides and rear screen done £200
it took about 1 hour start to finish
loooks mint

Clio 1.6 16v
I work in the sign industry. Itll cost you Around th 200 Pound mark for all wondows. And yes its a ball ache to tint windows i wouldnt advise trying it yourself with no previous experience.

The light limits for you car are as follows;

Front Widnscreen 75%
Front Windows 70%
Back & Rear Windscreen Can be Tinted as much as you like.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Dont go with someone thats going to do (all windows) it for 120 mark. As the quality of the tint wont be very good (proberely halfrauds tints), And neither will the job itself.

a burnt one
Im moving to lancashire if it's sunny all day there.

Have a look in the back of car magazines, theres always companys advertising, go to a proffessional and ask if they have pictures of any previous work they have done.