ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window tinting (clio 1.2 16v)......how difficult is it?

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Ok chaps....

As above states.........I went to my local Motor World today and ordered a set of tinting films for my windows.............the back and all the sides except the windowscreen. They are precut versions.

Are these difficult to do?

Some tips would be appreciated......

Honda Civic Type R '02
in a few words. Its a fuckin nightmare.
I managed to get the rear side windows ok, no bubbles, but the rear windscreen, i had to hav a few trys.
And as best i could get, there are a few bubbles around the sides etc.
In the end, spent so much on materials i could almost hav got a pro to do it.
The back window on my mk1 was hard (i had to do it in three sections) The window on a mk2 will be even worse.

Honestly, again, in a heartbeat i would get it professionally done.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
me and my dad spent 2 hours doing the two rear side windows. it doesn't look too bad but wish i would have gone pro

Clio 172 mk2
dfifty1 said:
id rather get a pro 2 do it.. nothin looks worse than bubbled tints

I'd have to agree

I went to a professional and the results were top notch.

Note: if you are tinting the drivers windows and have electric windows make sure you leave them for a while before using otherwise you'll b**ger the film.

Good luck with it if you decide to take the job on:D

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Ok chaps.....thanks for the replies....

I think I may pass this onto a professional, anyone know a good tinting service in the middlesbrough area?

thanks

adam

1.6 focus zetec....
I had mine done by a pro and he took the rear windows out to do it and the door cards off for the front windows....superb job done!!!

Kiza