ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Tinting in Birmingham area

Renault Clio
I'm going to have my 3 rear windows tinted soon and I've been looking at a few places in Birmingham and Walsall. The first quote I had was £75, the second was £100 and the third was £70. Obviously I'd prefer to pay £70, but I want the quality to be good and I don't think it would be when others are charging £100+. Any help with this would be appreciated. Have you had your windows tinted? If so how much did it cost? If it was around £70, did they do a good job and were you and are you still pleased with the results?

Other suggestions about where to have it done would be handy. I live in Walsall but places like Birmingham, Willenhall, Dudley, Wednesbury, West Brom, Wolverhampton, etc are fine too.

421 Cammed 172
Have you tried the window tinting place in Dudley Port by the Dudley Port Traffic lights and the hump back bridge??

My mate had some done there and they turned out good.

Theres Evo Tint in oldbury by the mecca bingo place.

They are the 2 i know of.

ibiza cupra
i have this number. its a bloke i knew at college who has his own modding company called la modz. his number is 07779068020. give him a call his name is lala (lol)
tell him super kev from the bodywork college corse gave you his number and he might sort you out a decent price.

Renault Clio
Have you tried the window tinting place in Dudley Port by the Dudley Port Traffic lights and the hump back bridge??

Do you know the name of the place in Dudley? I looked on the internet a minute ago for a number for Evo Tint but the one I found didn't work.

Also what do you think about paying £70? Do you think they'd do a good job?

Golf GTi MkV

Is the dudley port one you are on about armour glazing?

I had my car done there years ago, but that was like £160 for 4 windows and back. Was a quality job though.

We had a mini 3 years ago and asked Rydale Central who they use to tint windows and they directed us to Penatagon who deal with all prestige cars and they are quality also. They are not far from 5 ways roundabout broad st.

421 Cammed 172
Is the dudley port one you are on about armour glazing?

I had my car done there years ago, but that was like £160 for 4 windows and back. Was a quality job though.

We had a mini 3 years ago and asked Rydale Central who they use to tint windows and they directed us to Penatagon who deal with all prestige cars and they are quality also. They are not far from 5 ways roundabout broad st.

Pentagon, I used to deliver their tints to them. They are good though. Of the times ive been in there i've seen Bmws Mercs Astons Jags Bentleys the lot in there. Top dolla However.

Not sure on the dudley port one, it shares a unit with an Air Con place i think. If you're going to dudley its on the right before the bridge but after the traffic lights if that makes sense.

421 Cammed 172
Do you know the name of the place in Dudley? I looked on the internet a minute ago for a number for Evo Tint but the one I found didn't work.

Also what do you think about paying £70? Do you think they'd do a good job?

£70 may be low because their hourly rate is lower, they get quality tints cheaper or they use low quality tints. Could be a whole host of reasons i'm afraid.

Did you get the Evo Tint number off their website?

If you can wait until tomorrow i'll get you both numbers and possibly prices as i'm thinking of having mine done. Not sure yet though.

421 Cammed 172
Also try over on Midzmodified.

There's a high number of tinted cars on there and so you'll get alot more recommendations.

Renault Clio
  421 Cammed 172
Try

http://www.diamondtinting.co.uk/

Evo Auto Tinting > Car Accessories And Tinting in West Bromwich area
Tel: 0121 5112000 - 11 Gregston Trade Centre, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 4EX (1.73 miles)

Diamond Tinting is nothing to do with Evo Auto Tinting, Just giving you choices.

Renault Clio
Try

http://www.diamondtinting.co.uk/

Evo Auto Tinting > Car Accessories And Tinting in West Bromwich area
Tel: 0121 5112000 - 11 Gregston Trade Centre, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 4EX (1.73 miles)

Diamond Tinting is nothing to do with Evo Auto Tinting, Just giving you choices.

That's the number I rang, it just made a bleeping noise. I think Diamond Tinting was the one that charged £75, are they any good?

421 Cammed 172
Dunno, their websites looks alright.

Not that that means a fat lot.

If you have to go for one of the cheaper one's then just don't pay until its done well.

Ill pop to Evo Auto Tint tomorrow and see if the numbers changed for you.

Renault Clio
My mom's solved the problem guys. She's going to give me £25 towards it (for the one that quoted me £100, I know they do a good job) so it will be like me paying £75 anyway. Thanks for the help!

Renault Clio
One last question, it sounds stupid but can you see out of the 3 rear windows when you have them tinted? I was looking at some topics on the forum about window tinting and some people were saying it's a nightmare to try and look out of them. Is it?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
How dark? limo tints might be in the dark, I've got medium tints, no problems, can see out in the day and at night, however mine cost £230!!! but then I had clear security films put on the front windows too, so thats probably where most of the cost came from!

172 cup
iv had mine tinted and i can see through them just fine.

done by tint wizard in kirby

SDC10872.jpg

did the front 2 aswell but i got pulled over and had to take them out..

Renault Clio
Well I've just spoken to the person that's going to do them and he said he does 3 shades. Light, medium and dark. He said that (stating the obvious) light is too light and dark is too dark so he recommends the medium. But why is the dark too dark? What's the problem?

Renault Clio
3 shades? when i got mine done i picked my % in darkness.
should go down and see for yourself

He's mobile. I'm going to go with medium anyway. I spoke to someone who had it done really dark and he said his visibility was reduced but that he could still see. So if I have medium it should be fine.

421 Cammed 172
Mobile Tinters are always a bit of a risk mate!

The shops they tint in are usually extremely Dust Free! I know pentagon auto tint in birmingham was!

If you get dust under the tints it can look terrible! Just something to keep in mind!

Renault Clio
Mobile Tinters are always a bit of a risk mate!

The shops they tint in are usually extremely Dust Free! I know pentagon auto tint in birmingham was!

If you get dust under the tints it can look terrible! Just something to keep in mind!

I know someone that's used him before and his tints did and still do look fine ;) Do I have to clean the windows before he comes or does he do that?

172 cup
he will probably do that anyway to ensure good service. depends if its a well known company or a bunch of chavs looking for a quick ££.

but for £100 i would say thats a bargin, cost me £160 to get mine done

Renault Clio
he will probably do that anyway to ensure good service. depends if its a well known company or a bunch of chavs looking for a quick ££.

but for £100 i would say thats a bargin, cost me £160 to get mine done

My sister knows him and she said that he does clean the windows. I was meant to be getting this done yesterday but there was an hour and a half delay at the hospital so he had to go home. He might be doing it today. I've decided to have medium tints. I'll post pictures when I get it done.

Renault Clio
I asked my sister at about 10:30 this morning whether or not the man doing the tinting had arrived (I'm at work) and she said no. I've just phoned my dad ad 11:30 and asked whether or not he'd finally got there, and he said he's been and gone and it looks fine. Is it meant to be done that quick? :S