ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 10 Woes!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tried 8 (steaming turd) and 8.1 (just turd). I could never get my head around the removal of useful things and death-by-pointless additions on the other hand. That two-tier interface was pointless as it was silly. You're either a touch-screen device - or not. You're a diesel car or a petrol one. A decaf coffee or full man-spec. The two layers were beyond frustrating - unless you became a ninja at keyboard shortcuts.

The fact that Windows 10 has appeared so soon after Windows 8, clearly shows that Microsoft had to do some serious back-peddling - not to piss customers off entirely.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Windows 8.1 was better for pure tablet use though... but like anything, I'll get used to Windows 10, can't be arsed moaning about things too much these days :p

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You can if you keep your battery under 25% and in battery saver mode... but more hassle that it's worth really.

Particularly annoying imo, especially if it comes up with some b****cks like "you have x minutes to restart" - and what if you are doing something that takes longer? boils my piss!

Had that happen when I was 3d printing something on windows 8.1, I had 15 minutes to try and find a way to turn the shitty thing off, or I'd lost around 10 hours of printing because of it. Luckily, I did.