ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 restore....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Let me start by saying I am a real Mr Bean, when it comes to technology and terminology / processes.

My laptop will not load up past initial Windows screen. I get a critical error message at something like update 307 of 124,000, and then will not go any further. I think this happened as I was having trouble with my battery, even when fully charged, had a red 'x' and recommended a new battery, which I have now got. But it powered down during some updates. Or this is my guess after looking on net, but please remember I am a complete novice.

Have pressed F8 and attempted system restore, but it will not have it. Again from info found on net. Am gonna be taking it in to shop tomorrow, but just wanting to know if this is quite an easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing.....

Cheers in advance, Kev.... (on mobile)

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Will have to check box when home later jenic. Got it new, so hope there's one lurking in there.

Apologies for lack of knowledge, but should it just be a case of throwing disc in ( if it's there), no need to back anything up or the like.

I really am a tit. Give me a Commodore 64 anyday!!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Probably won't be a disc if you bought it new and its not too old. Will have to make your own.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Cheers for replys guys. Just got in and no disc, so am gonna have to make my own. In box though, found a note saying to use Acer eRecovery if have reason to restore.

My major 'bricking it concern' is I have pics of my little boy on, and don't want to risk losing them however unlikely. On Acer eRecovery says to backup everything before beginning. Please no laughter, but is this referring to programmes or documents and images....embarrassed

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
In situations like this I would normally try in safe mode to get the data off or do an install of windows over the current partition but without formatting it - then get your data off that way.