ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 8 Preview

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
LarsonGreen_bio.jpg

I think I'd give her a go

Looks alright but let's be realistic, most people will do most of their stuff in Explorer, which is s**t and always will be. It's surely still gonna be regular Windows, but with this fancy schmancy almost Media Centre UI bolted on top, which will probably use 300% of your CPU and crash repeatedly.

Is it not a completely new ground up build for tablets etc?

I didn't read it. Just watched the vid with no sound.

If they're just bodging over the top then it'll never work as nicely as that vid.

Megane 225 F1
After a quick glance at that, it looks like a Windows OS phone, which is s**t.

I have recently started using Mac OSX and I will never go back to Windows through choice. (Only to work on my uni work :eek:)

Evo 5 RS
They need to stop bumming Apple and come up with something which is actually mildly appealing, and doesn't look like MC 2005 tbh

Evo 8 MR
I'm quite happy with Windows 7 tbh. No doubt they'll release Directx 27d exclusive to that platform forcing people to buy it though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
To be honest I think that looks amazing, especially on a tablet. Think this could destroy the iPad... main reason I haven't got myself an iPad is because you can't run proper programmes on it, such as my DJ software, which is the main reason I'd want a portable computer.

Put my faith back in Microsoft ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What DJ software are you using?

You do realise that the method of control wouldn't be optimised for touch screen use, rendering it a bit s**t.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What DJ software are you using?

You do realise that the method of control wouldn't be optimised for touch screen use, rendering it a bit s**t.

Why wouldn't it? You can already do this on the iPad... but that version is only a controller for the software, not the software itself.

looks f**king horrible, why make a desktop into a phone UI, it makes no sense. keep the original start bar, it works.

You can choose which ever UI you prefer...

A red missile
To be honest I think that looks amazing, especially on a tablet. Think this could destroy the iPad... main reason I haven't got myself an iPad is because you can't run proper programmes on it, such as my DJ software, which is the main reason I'd want a portable computer.

Put my faith back in Microsoft ;)

Not in this lifetime it won't, A hardcore Windows user I might be but the iPad rawks so hard I regularly rub it against my man bits - thats how sexy it is. I keep reading about how x y and z tablet is going to kill the iPad - I've yet to see one better.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think you could be right in that tbh, I'd still rather have a laptop regardless of how good the Windows 8 tablet is. My mum is the kind of user where something like this could work though... either way nice to have some proper competition!