ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windows steaming up

172 with k-tec sound
as the title really, done lots of searches on this but no joy everything seems to not corespond to my problem,, firstly i had a leak at one stage but sorted that,
the car is bone dry inside.
secondly i have to drive with my aircon on all the time, otherwise every window within 1 munite is steamed up, if i put the climate in auto i cant see literally within a munite,
but as soon as i press the demist button it clears as this brings on the aircon. there is just no way of running the car without the aircon function enabled.
this has got worse since all the rain and, first thing in the morning i can be sat 30 mins before i can go anywhere, but once it clears it stays clear as long as the aircon is on and the car is running.
once i stop and go into shops for instance, and then get back in the car and start it up it straightaway steams up again, and im sat waiting 10 mins before i can set off.
aside from anything else its costing me a fortune in petrol lol.
but im getting pissed of with it tbh and getting to the point where i cant be arsed with it n taking to walking as its quicker.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Ignis
Must be moisture in the car somewhere. Under the carpet not damp? You can get a box of silicon pieces to absorb the moisture from The Range for a couple of quid.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i know autoglyms liquid glass polish has this problem if you buff it off before it drys to the glass which causes the windows to steam up.

B

Bucko

My car is nearly as bad as yours, i can't find and leaks or wet patches anywhere. I find that driving with the windows down is an alternative to using the aircon sometimes.

I'd love to think it's a common problem with a well known quick fix but i doubt there is. I recon we're just unlucky.

I bought a dehumidifier from B&Q today for about £6, it's a small plastic pot with a tablet that soaks up moisture and collects it in the pot below.

Fingers crossed it helps but i won't know for a few days yet

Good luck sorting yours out mate

172 with k-tec sound
ive had the whole lot out and its bone dry, i dont use polish of any kind on the inside windows.

B

Bucko

I heard about the pollen filter but i've checked mine and it's bone dry

ph 2, 172.
I'm having the same problem too, although my blowers arent working atm so it could just be that but i have to keep the windows down for it to clear.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive had the whole lot out and its bone dry, i dont use polish of any kind on the inside windows.

clean windows does actually help to cut down on it to an extent, they will still mist up but not as much, give em a good clean when the window is warm and dry

172 with k-tec sound
clean windows does actually help to cut down on it to an extent, they will still mist up but not as much, give em a good clean when the window is warm and dry

ive tried everything even that rain x that u put on the inside windows n its made no difference

Clio III RS 200
http://www.nigrin.com/nc/products/productrange/produktdetails-888/article/nigrin-anti-mist-sponge-1.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=877

How about this product?

You clean the problematic glass when it mists and the chemical inside creates like a protective layer which stops it for some time...

I don't know what's the weather like where you're from, but in the fall and spring when you have large temperature differences between day and night it is normal to have a lot of mist, especially in the evenings when a lot of dew is outside. When its raining and you come in with wet jacket or wet umbrella in a warm(er) car (than outside) it will mist just like if you have a water leak:approve:

Nissan 200sx
When you press the recirculation button can you hear the flap opening and closing, the motor could be knackered and the flap stuck shut, this is quite a common fault on the mk4 astra's

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
im haveing this problem only when it rains though cant find any damp but have to blast the ac on

Skoda Fabia vRS
Rain X anti fog worked great for me last year, doesnt seem to be working this year for some reason, might apply it again today

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im sure one of the racing lot on here said they clean the windows with fairy liquid on there race cars and it stops the steaming up...

Im sure one of the racing lot on here said they clean the windows with fairy liquid on there race cars and it stops the steaming up...

Tiny tiny amount of fairy liquid rub it in circular motions with paper towel, until the glaze disappears. Always worked for me.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Have your front strut drains got blocked? Mine were and it overflowed into the air ducts. May be circulating moisture from your blowers?

clio 172
u dont need ur air con on at all tyms, i drove to france the other day and had this prob, my old man put the heaters on the foot button which goes up ur legs on any setting hot or cold and it kept the windows clear
i was also pissed right off blasting the air con every min.
hope this helps