ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows XP and NT security issue

Hi Jas, there appears to be a big security hole in XP and NT. Its causing a few sleepless nights for quite a few people because its a big hole. Now it appears that there is about to be a barrage of hackers and viruss released that will exploit this hole. Basically it enables hackers and viruss to take complete control of your computer and do what they like with it. Its a big problems. MS have released a patch but not many people know about it.

http://microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asphttp://microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

Its on that page. Most XP users want the 32 bit version.

Could you please make this sticky on all the forums. The more people have the patch the less damage the viruss will be able to do.

Cheers

Paul

ps This will be sorted in service pack 2 for XP and service pack 5 for NT. But it might be to late by then. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

LoL yeah a simple bit of firewalling can solve a lot of problems, but most people dont bother. Or dont know enough to worry. I bet there is quite a few people here that dont have adequite protection or know someone who doesnt.

(Thats non sexual references there)

Paul

Cheers.

Hope it gets read. I think I should have used a more catchy heading.

Anyway never mind, just hope people read it and act on it.

Paul

Silver Fabia vRS

They have only just released SP4 for 2k too!

I love the way Windows ME...widely regarded as the worst OS ever to grace the face of the earth...is not affected!

Odd Service Packs in NT were by far the best.

I always loved SP3 and SP5 on NT4..

I remember seeing NT4 SP4 being voted buggiest software ever.. it was terrible..

2K SPs seem to be consistant.. odd and even.. hehe.

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 01 August 2003

SP5 for NT?? SP6a was the last SP to be made for NT... do u mean 2K???

Yeah sorry, I got that wrong, I was tired and it was late. I am sorry.

It is 2k.

Paul

Clio 1.6 16V

Thanks for the info mate. I loaded the patchs onto my server/PCs last night. I would never have known if you hadnt posted the above. (y)

wouldnt my windows XP download this from the auto updates ?....i think it already has !.....dunno...ill download it anyway....thanx mate