ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen crack

Clio 172
Last night got a small crack about 15-20mm in length on my windscreen, found out today that my insurance doesnt cover me. Will it pass MOT as i will wait to my insurance is due and get it under a new IC. Or worse case scenario how much will it be?

None
Well on my mk1 it cost me about £190 - if your windscreen is heated it will be more. It will fail the mot if it disrupts the line of sight

Clio 172
Well its in the centre so doesnt disrupt my line of sight so im unsure. Its a 172 FF so got the heat reflective coating and the light sensor

clio 182 ff
depending on the mot garage they may let it but i can't see it i would say u would be looking round the 220 mark :star:

Clio 182, 911, Exige
Adding windscreen cover to your insurance when you know you are going to claim straight away is fraud and an easy one to spot at that ....

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When i had my window regulator sorted the guy who did it said that the windscreens on the full fats are £400 :eek: Doesn't your insurance cover the windscreen ? Most do and it usually costs around £50 - £60 excess .

www.renparts.co.uk
Adding windscreen cover to your insurance when you know you are going to claim straight away is fraud and an easy one to spot at that ....

tell them to prove it then, come on get a grip....

just get it covered on your insurance then wait a month or 2.... if its in the top of the screen it won't fail an mot...