ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Cracked!

Fiesta ST
I have a big crack in it off a flying stone :( Do I just take it to the main Renault dealer and get them to sort it or ring autoglass etc?

I'm with directline insurance and it is covered on the policy.

Or do I have to ring insurance people?

Cheers

Gox

Clio Extreme
If you're fully comp, then just ring autoglass. They should come and fix it/replace it, and they'll sort it all out with your insurance company. Shouldn't affect your no claims either.

1 Series Coupe
If you're fully comp, then just ring autoglass. They should come and fix it/replace it, and they'll sort it all out with your insurance company. Shouldn't affect your no claims either.

What that man said.

Ring AutoGlass. They will come replace it/fix it... All you need to do is show them your Cert. of insurance and they will claim from the insurance company. It doesnt affect your ncb. :)

172 ph1
Probably not. Mine is the same colour etc, but missing the gear sticker and is made by some pikey company.

Direct line like you to deal with Autoglass or Auto windscreens. Usually a £60 excess.

Fiesta ST
Just booked on-line for Saturday - simple as 1 2 3 :)

"At Autoglass®, we only use glass manufactured to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards sourced direct from your vehicle manufacturer’s supplier, ensuring that all the glass we fit is as good as the original piece of glass we are replacing."

Best mate works for RAC Auto Windscreens.

He says they all know about the different screens, should come up on their system but wouldn't hurt to mention when calling.

I'm trying to get a 172 Cup screen as apparently it's lighter!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Had mine fiited a few months back.

Remember after its fitted you can't drive the car for 3 hours, as the bond needs to set...

dk

911 GTS Cab

"At Autoglass®, we only use glass manufactured to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards sourced direct from your vehicle manufacturer’s supplier, ensuring that all the glass we fit is as good as the original piece of glass we are replacing."
i have had 2 new screens in my 182, the first was like the renault screen although not made by the same company and the second was a little different as the clear window at the bottom of the screen started from the bottom and went up so wasn't a window as such, again made by another manufacturer.

As long as it has the UV coating then accept it, when i did mine with them i was asked if it was the version with the coating or not as they obviously do the version without for the 172 cup, might be worth ringing them to make a note of that.

Fiesta ST

i have had 2 new screens in my 182, the first was like the renault screen although not made by the same company and the second was a little different as the clear window at the bottom of the screen started from the bottom and went up so wasn't a window as such, again made by another manufacturer.

As long as it has the UV coating then accept it, when i did mine with them i was asked if it was the version with the coating or not as they obviously do the version without for the 172 cup, might be worth ringing them to make a note of that.

Will do cheers!

172 ph1
So how did it work out?

Autoglass came and changed mine on Friday and made a mess of it. It has a 2mm gap down the drivers side. Now they have to refit it.