ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Insurance Timing?

RB 182
Hi guys,

The RB has a crack in the windscreen, but i only got it about 10 days ago!

i was just wondering all of your opinions on claiming from the insurance, because it's only £75 excess instead of £400!

BUT, the main thing i wanted to know - does it not sound a bit dodgy claiming just 10 days after insuring the car?

Thanks in advance!

Clio RS200 FF
You paid the insurance therefore your entitled to claim. End of story. I'm sure there have been people who have written off a brand new Ferrari minutes after collecting it and I bet they claimed!

RB 182
good point!

i'll book the appointment this weekend then. anything i need to mention to them in terms of the sensored windscreen?

Glacier 197
They will ask you loads of questions like does it have a sensor and clear coated (purple tint) etc. No doubt they will still send the wrong one though.

RB 182
has anyone got a list of the things i need to make sure to say it DOES have?

just so i get it spot on?

e.g
rain sensors
clear coated? etc etc

RB 182
oh good, i'll post up and let everyone know how it goes.

i'll give my trader review on Autoglass.. i guess they can be classed as a trader! ha ha

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I smashed the back window in the 306 the first day I owned/insured it. Think I payed £50 excess. They can't complain even if your insured 10 seconds or 10 days ago