ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Noise: Part 2

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi all,

I'm running out of idea's, and so is my local pikey Renault dealership. I took one of their engineers out in my car on Saturday because they wouldn't drive my car at 75+ mph in order to hear this 'squealing noise' which comes from the passenger side of my windscreen. So, all went well, this engineer heard this 'wind noise' and was actually surprised at how loud it is (at certain speeds), so they suggest that i book it in so they can re-bond the windscreen. They did that yesterday, so i tested my car yesterday evening, so what a surprise, it's still there.

I know this issue has been mentioned many times on the forum, but i was hoping y'all can throw some idea's into this thread so i can go back to them and advise; as i said above, they're running out of idea's too.

So, what now? I need to get this sorted ASAP because my warranty runs out on the 16th ;)

Is it the windscreen seal? Do i need to go to another dealership?

Thanks for your help!

Tys.

A silver one
I get the same high speed squeal, but not until I'm going a lot faster. I got it at 130mph on a private road... Since I've never gone that fast again I haven't bothered getting it fixed?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Cheers for that mate; mine typically depends on how windy it is. Sometimes it happens at 70mph, other times not until 100mph (tested on my Dad's private airfield). Yesterday not until 105mph (again, tested on my Dad's private airfield) but i suppose yesterday was very dry, and calm.

Anyone else?

Tys.

Octy VRS
Mine's exactly the same as yours, happens around the same speeds and depends on how windy it is. Really annoying.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I noticed that at almost exactly 85mph i get a really loud squeal coming from the passenger side. I thought it was coming from the wing mirror though??!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Deffo not the wing mirror for me mate. I do get a whistle from the drivers side mirror, that doesn't really concern me, this loud squeal noise does and that comes from the passenger side windscreen, at the top where the window seal is. Renault re-bonded the windscreen, that didn't sort it, so now they have ordered me a new screen seal, hopefully that will!

I've printed off everyones thoughts about this noise, so that they can read that other people suffer from this, and to give them idea's on how these people have had theirs sorted.

Tys.

Chelsea tractor
I got it when I was travelling in Germany at relatively silly speeds. It's not built like a mercedes remember ;)

VRS
its the top corner window seal fella :D its a common occurance, all you need to do is get a bit of silicone sealant and stick it done, job done :D

andy