ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Repellent

Going to give that set a try as well, having no rear wiper blade is a pain!

Is there anything I can apply on the inside to help stop it misting up?

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Going to give that set a try as well, having no rear wiper blade is a pain!

Is there anything I can apply on the inside to help stop it misting up?
Any leaks you've not noticed?
Currently renewing vapour barriers because of this myself

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
G5 is better than G1 at lower speeds no?

Going to get some ordered tonight wether it be G1 or G5.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
People keep talking about leaks causing moisture, what about brand new cars, when ou open the door it lets in moisture!

Always people suggesting finding the leak and the source! It's bullshit, moisture will always get in a car when it rains!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
People keep talking about leaks causing moisture, what about brand new cars, when ou open the door it lets in moisture!

Always people suggesting finding the leak and the source! It's bullshit, moisture will always get in a car when it rains!

The main one being your wet feet all over the mats. They'll hold moisture.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I use F-JAS screenwash.

It's got repellent in the blend, works well and comes in about 75,000,000 different scents.
I use rain-x aswell when I've actually cleaned the car

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So finally got round to ordering some stuff, went with the G5 in the end, which comes with 100ml of G4 as well, as it was on offer somewhere for around £15.

Could have done with getting it last week as the weather at the moment would be the perfect test!

Megane 250
With the G1 kit that's linked, do you just use the glass polish and then apply G1?

Tempted by some soon, as I use rainX and whilst it seems ok on side windows etc, it doesn't seem to last long on windscreen.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
With the G1 kit that's linked, do you just use the glass polish and then apply G1?

Tempted by some soon, as I use rainX and whilst it seems ok on side windows etc, it doesn't seem to last long on windscreen.

Yeah apply G1 and then you'll need G2 to remove the residue

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

How much moisture do you carry in on shoes, damp clothes, or just give off in your breath

Clio Trophy
i had a go with this but think i need to do it again, it has worked quite well, but when they say clean windscreen they aint half joking, after applying it to half of my windscreen, turned to pad over and it was bit grubby, and that was after cleaning it 3 times with different things, will have another go in spring

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So, finally managed to get this applied yesterday. I cleaned the windscreen quickly first, applied G4 with a microfibre and buffed until all dirt was gone. Then got some G5 on a make up pad, applied it in little circles, left it for 5 mins then buffed off with a microfibre. Left it over night, it's just started raining now and works perfectly.

However, when I put my wipers on I get a little bit of streaking from the wipers. I give the wipers a quick wipe when I applied it, do I need to get some IPA and clean them with that?

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
So, finally managed to get this applied yesterday. I cleaned the windscreen quickly first, applied G4 with a microfibre and buffed until all dirt was gone. Then got some G5 on a make up pad, applied it in little circles, left it for 5 mins then buffed off with a microfibre. Left it over night, it's just started raining now and works perfectly.

However, when I put my wipers on I get a little bit of streaking from the wipers. I give the wipers a quick wipe when I applied it, do I need to get some IPA and clean them with that?

@gally @Sunglasses_Ron @McGherkin @Yellow Dave @JD + anyone else who can help.

Still having this problem.

Can I just get a small 99.9% IPA, use it neat, spray it on wipers then wipe with a clean microfibre?

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
These are Bosch aero ones that I only bought about 6 or 7 months ago!

Can get 30ml of IPA off eBay for about £3 so may try that first because I'm a tight arse (and skint as f**k from Christmas).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A few reasons. One is wipers are passed it or need cleaning. The other is that the residue hasn't been fully removed. Using IPA on G5 is likely to partially remove it as it's not a semi permanent coating like G1. Presume you've washed the car since application and no difference try using an IPA based glass cleaner as it won't be a strong dilution. Other option is to go over it with a QD top up or spray sealant to try and level the surface. Reload and C2 are good for this