ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen replacement?

My windscreen has got a crack, so need to get it replaced.

What's the best way to go about this?
I'm with Admiral so pretty sure I can get it done under insurance, for a £70 excess.
However I don't want it to effect my premium. I remember gally saying something about having to declare it, even if not as a direct claim?

If I don't go through insurance what's the best way? Autoglass?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you've got a rain sensor the screen is over £300. I wouldn't worry about the premium as any rise will be negligible. When I worked for an insurer absolutely none of the customers knew they had to declare it as a claim and it caused no problems at all. Take from that what you want!

Insurance all day

If you've got a rain sensor the screen is over £300. I wouldn't worry about the premium as any rise will be negligible. When I worked for an insurer absolutely none of the customers knew they had to declare it as a claim and it caused no problems at all. Take from that what you want!

Insurance all day

Wow. In that case makes sense to.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
my clio was done through admiral, called the glass line and you go right through to autoglass

come within a few days

£75 while on the phone booking

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Sweet. As usual I've left everything really late and am now in a rush to get it done before my MOT in two weeks time.

they fitted me in within a week - call them today and get it booked - worse that happens in you go to MOT station and go back to get the screen checked