ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

Clio 172
Hi all,

Im just asking if anyone knows of any companies in the west midlands that can supply and fit a new windscreen for my clio 172 (w reg), as it now has a really long crack going down the middle of the screen (dunno were or why it has happened)

Im currently only of tpft and have no windscreen cover :(

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hi all,

Im just asking if anyone knows of any companies in the west midlands that can supply and fit a new windscreen for my clio 172 (w reg), as it now has a really long crack going down the middle of the screen (dunno were or why it has happened)

Im currently only of tpft and have no windscreen cover :(

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Any car glazing place should be able to get you one...but I wouldn't be able to help on price. Think yours is the blue/purple tint (rather than green which is non CC on standard models). Just try Autoglass, RAC windscreens, see what prices they charge...maybe try GSF car parts over in Fort Dunlop to see how much they charge for the windscreens (if they do them).

Clio 172
Hi,

Crikey thats alot :( this car has cost me so much money lately!!

Im not sure GSF dont supply windscreens but i might check, do you think i would be able to buy a windscreen from a salvage / breakers and get a company to fit it? or would this be slightly dangerous ?

For what the car is worth 450 is well steep, hopefully shopping around will help, anyone got any contacts that would be cheaper?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tony

Its £450 for the light/rain sensor screens, because i have removed mine for the cage to fit they fitted a povety spec clio screen to my 182 ... bit of weight saving!

LY 182
speak to b16doe he's a screen fitter

what ever you do,, dont add windscreen cover to your insurance, wait a month then claim though,, as thats naughty;) ;)

Clio 172
My car does not have rain sensor screen, not sure what light sensor is lol, how much was the poverty spec screen? and i doubt i would notice much difference as i dont have rain sensors etc, and aint nothing wrong with abit of weight saving ;) lol

regards

tony