ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing Dent/Scratch

Clio 1.2Dynamique
Good morning.. So I had a lil bump in my Clio and have two questions firstly can someone make sense and tell me the paint code for this please :eek:

29112009083.jpg

Secondly I was quoted 172 pound to repair this scratch/dent on my wing and was wondering as a complete noob to auto-repair how hard would it be to do it myself and how much would it cost :)

28112009081.jpg

Thanks in advance

Clio 172 RS2
Being a noob? Is that colour Metallic (Dynamique so i guess it is!)... if that's the case no way you can spot repair that without seeing it. Like a pro will!

Whole panel has to be painted / faded out color over a large area.

If you want to tackle it yourself?
You need 2K epoxy filler, primer, basecoat, 2K laquer.
Some effort and dedication.

Clio 1.2Dynamique
oop sorry being a 'noob' being new lol.yer the colours metallic.. I dont mind paying to have it repaired but 172 pound seemed a bit steep same as having a bash at it myself but id rather not f**k it up tbh. Thanks for the help and pointers though =]

That'll look awful doing it yourself, I guarantee it. Just save up for a bit mate and get it done properly.

172 cup
Hi Dec,

From what I've been reading about body repairs such as scratches is as long as you can run your finger nail across the scratch without it catching you should be okay to polish it out. But...looking at what you did and the fact you have little to no experience in body repair I think your best bet would be to have a pro look at it, otherwise if you mess the job up it's going to end up looking like a mess and will ultimately end up costing you even more to repair the repair that you made.

Sy

Clio 1.2Dynamique
Thanks for your advice people...next question anyone know a good Body Repair place in the Reading/Berkshire Area? =]