ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing Mirror - Smashed

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Fun times....
19082009180.jpg

Well, just dropped a mate off home, on my way coming back, I'm driving down a double-parked road, theres another driver coming towards me, and as there is space on the left hand side to pass - it is my right of way...

She doesn't seem to realise this OR thinks we can both fit in this tiny space.

Clips my wing mirror - hers is perfectly fine (a chaved up 106)
The wing mirror surround of mine seems ok (its dark out) but the mirror is completely buggered.

So, question -

1 - Is it likely that they'll have some of these at my local generic garage?
2 - Failing that - how hard is it to take one out of another car without breaking it? Basically, a friend who's gone on holiday for 2 weeks has left their car parked outside my house (for security) and it is also a Mark 2 authentique Clio.

I need to drive a good 2 hours tomorrow afternoon, and as such need it sorting in the morning.

Cheers, James

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
save the backing plate, scrape the glass off and the glue, get new one from local car shop less than a tenner i would hazard. i bought one at weekend for £7.

fitting is easy, put plate into wing mirror (this way you can see the locating points and just push.) then stick new one in.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
save the backing plate, scrape the glass off and the glue, get new one from local car shop less than a tenner i would hazard. i bought one at weekend for £7.

fitting is easy, put plate into wing mirror (this way you can see the locating points and just push.) then stick new one in.

Cheers

Any idea how hard they are to remove without smashing? Would prefer to borrow my mates and get the mirror fixed later on in the week :p

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I got her details!

I was quite kind tbh... was a bit nervous getting out my car and walking towards hers (didn't know it was a she till i got next to her door) - you never know who's gonna be behind the wheel... esp in a modded 106

Of course she said "I can get you one cheap"
I said, er, I need it soon

She then said "Yeah, i can get it soon"....

I just said I'll give her a ring when I've got a replacement & charge her.

If its less than £20, I recon I'll just let her off with a verbal warning :p

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Let her get you one tbh? suggest she gives it to you over dinner ;)

Haha.... she wasn't a looker tbh. She was driving a 106 afterall...

I'm worried her "cheaper" one is bound to be a £3 jobby from ebay - the ones without the magnified/wider bit (whatever they are called) fingers crossed my local generic garage will have one (as it seems they are the same mirrors as in the megane & laguna).

I can't sleep thanks to worrying about getting it sorted before my drive - quite simply if i can't get it sorted, I'll miss a computer repair appointment (i.e. loss of £20 there!) and miss out seeing my mate for a few days + possibility of buying an eye-phone at my final destination....

Oh wells.... Shame all I can count is wing-mirrors instead of sheep - I'd be asleep otherwise.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Dont worry about it, you'll definately be able to sort this!

Before my drive at 1pm? I cba getting up before 9:30 due to my lateness right now!!! :p

Yeah, it'll get sorted, one way or another.....

(for your lolz) I did briefly (being the important word here) consider taping some "alternative*" mirror in its place

*Alternative = Tin Foil

?
Go to bed now.
Wake up at 10.30
Go to, local motor factors/renault parts department/halfords/etc
Check all the above for mirror
Scrape all the old crap off, stick the new one on.
Gives you a few hours to spare..

And fyi.. i have work at 9am

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Go to bed now.
Wake up at 10.30
Go to, local motor factors/renault parts department/halfords/etc
Check all the above for mirror
Scrape all the old crap off, stick the new one on.
Gives you a few hours to spare..

And fyi.. i have work at 9am

You are daft to be up so late!!! :rasp:

Yeah... issue with the whole going to various places is - I live in a small town (whilst not during uni times) and as such - we have one place for parts - G&T Motors "Spares".

I'm hoping they have the spares for me :p

I'm trying to switch off by watching some mega retarded telly (atm American Dad)... I'll let you know how I get on (with some awesome pictures of course...)

Cheers

Last edited: