ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wing mirrors???

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Last night some chav decided to drive a little bit close to my RS 172 ph1 and took my drivers side wing mirror off!!! i dont think it's broken but cant seem to see how it goes back on?

its hanging by the cables (electric) can someone tell me how they are ment to go back on? i have the plate it sits on and just the folding bit is the part that hangs off.. HELP!!!!

Renault Clio S
They are really hard to get back in, but basically...

The mirrors pop out when pushed too far forwards (towards the front of the car). If you place the mirror back in the mount in a forward position, so it's almost 180-degress from being closed against the window. Now, pay attention to the shape of the metal coller inside because it needs to match correctly to the coller in door mount. Next, turn and push the sprung part inside the mirror body down which then slots in and secures the mirror in position.

It's really hard work, but after 10 minutes of struggling and swearing you will get it back in.

I hope this helps.

They rarely break off as they're designed to pop-out if pushed forwards or down. Something Renault have actually done a good job with :)

Last edited: