ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wing mirrors

Focus ST

1) Prize off the plastic mirror trim panel from the front edge of the door, ( this is inside the car).

2)This should expose some screws (2 if you have electric mirrors). Unscrew these, remove the mirror cover panel and disconnect the wiring plug which is now exposed.

3)There is an additional small round plastic cover on the front edge of the door, which you need to prize off to expose the mirror lower securing nut. Then unscrew all three mirror securing nuts, and withdraw the mirror from the door.

Thanks for that info, however thats not what I ment....(I know how to do that)....what I really wanted to know is how to remove the actual mirror (glass) with the wing mrriors left on.....

I know on the phase 2 mrriors there is this hole on the bottom where you stick in a flat head screw driver and release the mirrors but on the phase 1 mirrors there is no hole.....you get my drift?

Sorry for the confusion:oops:

Focus ST

Ah right, the Phase 1 mirror glass is retained by a wire clip rather than the locking ring on Phase 2 models. Heres how to release it:

1)Use a thin-bladed screwdriver to probe under the bottom edge of the mirror glass to locate the ends of the wire clip retaining the glass

2)Push one of the ends of the clip towards the centre of the mirror, then back into the mirror body to release the glass. (Its a bit fiddly)

Hey presto, the glass should come away! To put it back on you have to re-engage the metal clip with the lugs on the rear of the glass and push the glass into position until the clip engages securely.

Luc

Focus ST

sh*t! Sorry mate, I should have included the word carefully in there somewhere! Thats how Haynes told me to do it!:oops: