ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter prep by hand, products?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
right i have a new car, old one was PB and this one is Titanium so half my products aren't perfect anymore.

i want to order some bits and get a nice pre winter detail done, this will be getting done by hand as i dont have a machine polisher. so could someone recommend me a decent set of products for this ?

i already have autoglym HD polish i can use, so basically i need wax/sealer or whatever

any help would be great, cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Unless your stuff starts with the word 'T-Cut' there should be nothing in it that will turn your new silver paint black !!

Just protect it with what you've got, when it runs out, buy some new stuff.

Wax for winter, people normally recommend Collinite 476 (or something like that?) as it lasts through a nuclear winter, IIRC.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ive got some black cutting stuff which i clearly wont be using anymore, but my wax is old and rubbish so i want some new stuff.

ok ill have a look into that, is wax all i want ? hear people putting sealants etc on

cheers for the reply

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What is the black cutting stuff ?

I assumed you had products from CYC / I4D not the wrong end of the range in Halfords :rasp: Sorry..!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
fk1000p be ok on matte finished wheels ? ive got matte black alloys and i know theres a few products im not supposed to use on them apparently

MK3 GTI golf 16v
What is the black cutting stuff ?

I assumed you had products from CYC / I4D not the wrong end of the range in Halfords :rasp: Sorry..!

i do to a point, polishes and glass stuff, tar remover etc. but i do have some cheap black tcut from halfords :D