ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Prep...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
With Winter definitely now on its way here I decided I needed to spend a few ££'s and order a few new bits to give the car a bit of winter protection.

The car was neglected for about 2 weeks so was looking sorry for itself.

null_zps63a3d60c.jpg

null_zps710c421e.jpg

null_zps7515afab.jpg

null_zpsf8ab0ead.jpg

Gave the car a spray with Citrus Power and RDS as I'm running low on CP :( whilst I got everything else out ready to use, Pressure washed off and then started on the wheels which were very grubby.

null_zps51fc945d.jpg

Soaked them in Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels 50/50 dilution as its more than strong enough imo before agitating and rinsing off.

null_zpscf0a4c85.jpg

Iron X was up next and as this is no performance car and I'd done then only about 2 months ago there was very little fallout to bleed.

null_zps3b87c8bd.jpg

Rinsed off and onto the Bodywork.

The weather was not on my side so I didn't take any pics at this stage but 2bm with AF Lather before using Tardis all over and then Iron X on the entire car, Being a black car this is a pain in the ass stage to know if you've removed most of the Tar and Fallout, Quick rinse and time to clay.

Bought Bilt Hamber clay and as it was raining decided to press on and the car wasn't too bad but I clearly missed a few tar spots right at the bottom of the car :(

null_zps3e87051c.jpg

The paint work is pretty marred and swirly anyway but I definitely did a bit of damage with the Clay as I chose to go with just water and no lube at all Whoops!!

null_zpsd1d6037d.jpg

null_zps3eef4ff0.jpg

It started to rain so left the car over night and didn't move it so next day gave it a very quick wash with a light shampoo solution just to get rid of the overnight grime leaving me with this.

null_zpsb010dde6.jpg

Chose to go with Tough Prep on one of AF's dual foam applicators before giving it a coat of C2v3, First time using this and only have 1 coat on it but was happy with the overall look.

null_zpsa108abd9.jpg

null_zps9fb5a749.jpg

null_zps574a767e.jpg

Applied G5 to the rear screen and on the panoramic roof to compare to the G1 I have on the side windows and front screen, Didn't get time to dress plastics or tyres etc.

Bit of condensation on the car this morning.

null_zps6c3fb66c.jpg

null_zpsda232d68.jpg

Will try and get a few more layers of maybe diluted C2v3 on it before the weather gets really bad.

Sorry if this was a boring read, Thanks for looking.
Andy.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice job, i'd hate to leave the paint like that under the protection though.

:nono: at no lube ;)

Black looks soooo good when clean.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
The paint is so bad anyway that a few more marks aren't going to hurt, Hoping Santa brings me a DA so I can correct it in spring, I just wanted to get a solid bit of protection on it to make winter cleaning that bit quicker and easier.

I do love black 'when' it is clean.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a wash and added another neat layer of C2v3 and couldn't resist putting some wax on it, Thin layer of Temptation as it's all I have at the moment :(
Quick wipe down with the Nanolex sample from Waxybox and used the G6 on the glass also from the Waxybox and added a bit of tyre shine this time.

Standard driveway pics

na7u8y9y.jpg

ygara6er.jpg

banumusy.jpg

he3a6e8u.jpg

aqe3aqat.jpg

Hopefully that'll give it a decent base to tackle winter.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I really liked the G6 better than any other window cleaner I've ever used, looks good though mate.

Still need to do my car. Was going to do it today but didn't wake up till 11:30 and need good time to get it done, pain in the ass! Lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I really liked the G6 better than any other window cleaner I've ever used, looks good though mate.

Still need to do my car. Was going to do it today but didn't wake up till 11:30 and need good time to get it done, pain in the ass! Lol.

I can't say I was a big fan of the G6 if I'm honest, AF Crystal seems a lot easier to work with but it still left nice clean smear free glass :)

Yeah as the nights draw in it does get a bit tricky to get a good few hours in on the car.... Decon and Hydro2 seems like it could be a good idea if you're struggling for time.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I've never used anything more than cheap stuff lol was chuffed with how well it cleared any water marks something the cheap stuff always struggled with. Cba to spend more money I'm a tight c**t, shall get round to it some point though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'd like to try G6 so think we need to arrange another little meet at Ant's unit so I can try all your samples JD

Can't really fault crystal myself. Does suffer some smearing if too much is used or if the cloth used isn't clean but that's user error than the products

Might have a new family VAG barge coming soon and it's never been detailed after looking at it today so would be a good time to try new products