ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Tyre Pressures

ldubl

ClioSport Club Member
Put 195/45/16 Pirelli Snow Control winter tyres on today.

No scrabbling for traction, found they work better with esp off.

Not sure what pressures should be putting in them, so looking for facts or opinions on this!

Clio 182 FF
supposedly weight of the car determines the tyre pressure so no change should be required but I always found a few PSI up is best. I always used winters with steels so have big sidewalls to deflect more though.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If they're the same size as you were running the day before on 'summers' .. use the same pressures as those, i.e.: standard 33f/30r (?!).
If they're brand new, it might take a few miles (read: hundreds) to scrub in a little and they'll feel a lot nicer.
Just remember not to fall over in the car park when you get out of the thing :yum:

ldubl

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Yeah, good shout taking it easy on foot :up:

Wanted the WR A3s but a set of 7mm Pierllis popped up on ebay for half the price of new, so on they went :smile:

Was running pressures a few psi below the recc on my summers (205/45/16) after reading lots of threads on tyre pressures on here. Quite a few recc only a 2psi difference, eg, 30/28 but there seem to be a lot of variables.

205/45/16 & 195/45/16 both recc to run at 33/30 by Renault?