ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter tyres on

Clio 182
well it's that time of year where I dig out the spare track wheels and tear off the sticky track tyres and fit the winters.
Went for hankook icept in 195 50 15. £160 for the 4 including postage.
Saves me wearing out my pirelli p zeros which are double the cost and don't work to great in the winter and I don't have to worry about salt trashing my newly refurbished 182 wheels.

Fitted them myself in the garage with one tyre lever and didn't bother with balancing and they feel fine at 70mph.

Also got another set in 205 55 15 for the family bus £210 delivered.

Anyone else run winters?

Good price on the four winter tyres, where from?

I run a winter wheel/tyre and swapped over mid november. Its always a disappointment to loose the sharp steering response of federal RS-R on the regular182 wheels but its nice to know the setup is suited for the conditions. I use Nankangs (snow sv2 somethings?) on 15' alliums and although they are a bit vague, when it snows I know I will still get to work every day.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got mine going on the 320D tomorrow. Had them on my M3 and they were brilliant, however only put these on really as the ones on it are budgets and shot, and I got the full set of these for £120 so seemed silly not to!

Clio 172
Fitted some Uniroyal MSPlus 77's after using the 66's last year. Unbelievable amounts of grip on the white stuff, but also excellent in just the cold. I have a feeling they saved my bacon last year when I hit some frozen run off water mid bend. Would have deifinately been in to the kerb if I still had the AD08R's on.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Got some wheels with winter tyres to go on the Mrs' 320d tomorrow. Interested to see what it's like. Only used winter tyres in the Alps before, which make an amazing difference in those conditions