ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiper Blades???

182 has now gone!
Took my car to Renault for a service yesterday. They told me I neded a new rear wiper blade as it has slightly split, they charge £15.00 for a new one. Told them to leave it. Didnt know if I could get one in Halfords cheaper??. My cousin who has a Cooper S Works said he was going to do the same but the Halfords ones do not fit his car so he has to go back to BMW to get his.. Does anyone know??? I am not paying £15.00 for one....

RS Megane DCi 175
Buy the cheap ones (of the same length) and slide the rubber blade off - fit it to your Renault one.
Sorted for a few quid.

182 has now gone!
MattT said:
Buy the cheap ones (of the same length) and slide the rubber blade off - fit it to your Renault one.
Sorted for a few quid.

Nice one.. ta very much x

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
MattT said:
Sorted for a few quid.

JML wonder wipers.......................wicked.

My local dealer only charged me £7 for a new one, this was a couple of years ago though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Halfords wipers are pure shite, they just smear your windows, my local dealer replaced both my front blades for about £10 and fitted them for me aswell!

www.renparts.co.uk
reno said it was 6.50 for the rear wiper for mine. i think some replace the unit and others just the rubber.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
well they replaced the whole units for me and not the rubber, as they said thats how they come! with the rubber attached anyway.

And are those JML wonder blades any good?

clio 182 black /gold
Mine went for it,s first service and my blade had split, but i hardly ever use it. They was going to charge but not replaced it yet

182 + Cup
BOSCH spoiler blades for both sides. Quieter and work better at speed. More expensive but you get what you pay for IMO.

182 - Now Cooper S
has anyone used the "vinegar" technique on the blades? saw it on an AA advert a while back. apparently cleaning the blades with vinegar stops them from smearing etc

Maz

LY 200
I have just bought a set of PIAA blades from tweeks they are mint and well worth the £17 each imho as they are 100 times better than the standard reno ones (they had 11 on the box if that is any help with the size) lol :)

182 has now gone!
Wonder why my Renault dealer in Brighton quoted me £15.00... There is another Renault dealer near Worthing that I will call tommorow and see how much they say it is.....:dapprove:

172 Cup
barley182 said:
has anyone used the "vinegar" technique on the blades? saw it on an AA advert a while back. apparently cleaning the blades with vinegar stops them from smearing etc

It does work my mate did it, i dont like the smell vinegar tho. Dont buy champion wiper blades they are shite, there plastic and too light for the job!!