ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiper water spray thingy

RS182 Full Fat
When i pull the stalk for water on the windscreen I have around a 20% chance of getting water on the front, and 80% it going on the back window.. this remains deeply annoying. Is it worth trying to fix or did reno build it rubbish from new? Or is there a knack or secret way of making it work that I don't know about it?
thanks in advance for any answers.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
There's a little bung which goes between the two outlets of the pump - it can stick and needs to be trimmed down.

Lemme find a guide for you.

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Similar thing for me over xmas, just got a new one from Europarts for a tenner - that said it still comes out the back one sometimes when i pull the front wiper stalk, need to flick the stalk quickly and then it rectifies itself.

The only pain for either way is getting it out - my wipers were on fast so needed a wiper removal tool to loosen them and then had to take the wiper mechanism out to get enough room. Simple enough just a bit of a pain for such a small cheap part.

Typical they always go just as you need them with all the salt on the roads

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If you end up having to remove the wipers, get yourself a puller or ball joint separator. I couldn't get mine off for love nor money without one. Job's pretty easy other than that.

RS182 Full Fat
thanks for replies on this one. since i dont need water on the back (as i took the rear wiper off) i'm going to dismantle half the damn car to get at the washer bottle and see if i can just relocate the tubey things or join them together so that if it tries to squirt the rear window it just goes on the front either way. I'll let you guys know if it worked. :)