ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wipers stopped..

actively looking
My wipers were frozen to the windscreen this morning but i didnt notice and turned em on now they dont work so im guessing they have blown a fuse being in a rush for work i just left, my clio manual is at home so could somebody please tell me where abouts the wiper fuse is:)

Thank you!

actively looking
Ok i found them they are by the passenger door for anybody else who might want to know but the fuses havent blown and the relay is clicking:S Im not happy because im guessing that means the motor has burnt out which is fooking stupid!

Any ideas what else it could be?

actively looking
Please help guys im unable to drive my car at the moment due to the shitty weather. Ive investigated further and when u turn them on and touch the wiper u can feel that something is trying to happen. I tried tightening them and then i turned them on and they moved about 2cm then stopped, iv repeated this process a few times but cant get them to fully work!

Im desperate now ppl

actively looking
Due to crazy shift patterns at work ive not had a chance to investigate this properly which was why i posted on here hoping somebody may of had this before to quickly diagnose the fault. But managed to get out of work for half hour and took the front plastic cowling off from around the wipers and discovered that the bolt atttaching it to the motor had worked itself loose tightened the bolt and jobs a good'n. I dont know if this is a designed fail safe or not but either way nothing is broken which is a relief.

:)