ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wire’n up fogs 2 sidelights.

hey,

i want 2 wire my foggers up 2 my sidelights so their on when my lights are. (id change the bulbs so their not so bright obviously)

would this b hard 2 dee?

any else done it??

any help wid b magic!!

cheers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

It wouldnt be hard to do.. it WOULD be illegal though.

Having your foglights on whent its not foggy is illegal and people that drive with them on dazzle me when I am driving along.

Contrary to popular belief it doesnt make your car look "cool". My advise, use them when its foggy.

Volvo S60 T5

wire’n up fogs 2 sidelights

Wire them seperately, you will overload the sidelight circuit and have loads of blown fuses to deal with!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well its your choice..

All you need to do is get a relay switch, wire up 12 volt supply from battery to it, loop it out the the fogs, and put a line from the relay to your one of your side light wires.

When your side lights go on it sends 12v to the relay, which then switches the main 12v supply to the fogs, make sure you put an inline fuse at the correct rating depending on what power your bulbs are.

Pretty sure its still illegal, but its your choice.

oh, its a 3 pole 12v automotive relay capable of switching the same over more current that your fogs will ask for.

k mabey ill just leave it then lol.

cheers anyway.

my foggers are nakerd anyway. the bulbs are fine but they wont go on at all. back one does tho? what kood b wrong??

Audi S3 225

They still be illegal no matter what bulbs are used, unless its foggy, and with sh*t bulbs they will be no good in the fog anyway. Buy a switch from halfords or online somewhere. Wiring it up wont be hard at all and you will be able to turn them off as soon as you see the old bill.

but as KDF said except im saying it less diplomatically you look like a t**ser... nobody thinks is cool to have your fogs on unless its foggy, and whats the point in getting a ticket off the law and pissing people off ....

if you want extra lights get neons, that way you will still look like a tool, but you wont dazzle people.

my opinion!!

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

hear hear

drives me mad to see people with fogs on like in the middle of a summers day! and its almost always pug 206s that do it:mad:

not gonna go into it again, but its illegal, no matter what bulbs are in em.. and also, if your front fogs are shagged, hope you dont get pulled by the traffics, although theyre not on, they HAVE to work, it is illegal to drive with a failed bulb no matter what light it is in...