ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wire stopping glovebox from opening

About time I fixed this as it happened pre-FCS.

Basically I run my iPod lead from the rear of the headunit through into the glovebox. It's got stuck fast where the catch holds the glovebox closed. I've tried to prise open the glovebox slightly and insert a screwdriver to move the wire but its stuck. Brute force meant the handle started to snap on the glovebox so now I have to be gentle with the handle. Apart from removing the headunit and pulling the wire back hoping it will dislodge from the catch I'm all out of options?

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this?

I'd remove the top dash and remove the passenger airbag then you can access it very easily.

I would probably route the wire through the back of the glovebox there should be a panel that pops off, either make a whole and use a grommet for a tidy install or just squeeze the wire through there.

Another idea... you could try using the hole next to the latch for the handle which is for the glovebox switch ( small rectangle about 8mm x 20mm ).