ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Internet Help. Pt Two!

Shhh
Can you connect to anyone elses wireless, might need a trip out in the car for unsecured networks.. ;)

I would go with a complete reset of the router (the wireless box), plug into it through the ethernet cable, go to the address on the back of it, probably http://192.168.0.1, put in the username & password. Probably still admin & password.

Then reset the damn thing, ensure its back to the default settings.

Obviously the virgin modem is working right.? You can plug this direct into the laptop and you have an internet connection. So you take this lead out of the laptop, and put it into the wireless router.

From there, you should be able to search for networks, and select yours, probably its old name and connect unsecured.

If you cant actually find any networks yourself, but others can, then you need to look at the laptop itself, and what is wrong with it.

Is it picking up a network, but you cant connect to it or is it that you cant find the networks. Just searches and picks nothing up.?

Shhh
Ok, an idea if you can search for networks, but cant connect to it. This is assuming your on Win XP Pro..

--------------

From the start menu, select 'Connect To' then show all connections..

aids5.gif

Then select the wireless network,but right click it and select properties

aids4.gif

Then select 'Internet Protocal' then 'Properties'

aids3.gif

Then select

aids2.gif

Then should look like this, select 'Ok' till out of it all, and search again and try to reconnect.

aids.gif

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right just to make things a little more clear.

Every one can connect to the router wirelessly, apart from me.

My wireless wont even find our router which is in my room.

My wireless WILL however find next doors and the peoples across the road etc.

My laptop WILL randomly connect automatically to our router, however only when it feels like it and it does it by its self. sometimes it will connect, some times it takes 4 hours, sometimes it doesn't connect ever.

Tom, whats SRS?