ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless-N Routers talk to me?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
getting BT infinity internet next week.

my laptop can take a upgraded wireless adaptor to work with wireless-N routers but are they actually worth it? do they make any difference at all?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
my own personal opinion is no im afraid mate. i have a wireless N router and its no different range wise than the old G spec one i had

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i think the ragemaxx ones are supposed to be a lot better, dependant on if your system is compatible etc

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive got an dell inspirion 1750 so is compatible with wireless-n

from google searching am i correct in saying they are suppose to make internet quicker?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
it wont speed up your connection, the link between your router is 54mps, if your connections is slower it wont affect the speed at all, N gives more range as far as i know

Fiesta ST
Good thing with Wireless N is that it can also operate in the 5GHz which is far less crowded than limited 13 Channels of 2.4Ghz.

So if you're in a area with lots of AP's everywhere that can cause interference it's a good thing.

If you are going to have other devices on your network that can use Wireless N then yes you will gain speeds internally.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
it wont speed up your connection, the link between your router is 54mps, if your connections is slower it wont affect the speed at all, N gives more range as far as i know

N goes upto 300Mbps so although it wont affect the internet speed it will improve large file transferes on a home network.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've not found N to improve range much but it's massively improved internal file transfers over the network, which is what it's primarily designed for.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
infinity should come with a new homehub 3.0 which will be up to the job!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've turned n off on my router as it was causing issues and giving me a slower speed than g was