ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless problems with BT home hub.

A4 Avant
My BT home hub would connect but kept dropping out every 5 mins. I've changed to a linksys hub and it's been fine ever since.

172 Cup
You gettin limited or no connectivity error? Check you entered the correct key. There's 2 on the back. Make sure you havn't entered the fusion key.

Also. Try connecting via ethernet cable. Open this webpage http://api.home/ and go to advanced, continue to advanced. You'll then get prompted for username and password. Which is admin, admin. Go to wireless then configure. Select channel selection to manual and then change the channel to 11. Click apply. 11 is a much better channel for your laptop.

I hate to say it but the bt homehub is a pretty decent router. The bt vision box however is tosh.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have a home hub and its awful. It falls over constantly if you use Bit Torrent.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I have a home hub and its awful. It falls over constantly if you use Bit Torrent.
funny you should say that, been trying a bit of rapidshare recently and staying off the torrents and its been up for a week now whereas it didn't use to last more than a day without rebooting or freezing so you might have something there.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You gettin limited or no connectivity error? Check you entered the correct key. There's 2 on the back. Make sure you havn't entered the fusion key.

Also. Try connecting via ethernet cable. Open this webpage http://api.home/ and go to advanced, continue to advanced. You'll then get prompted for username and password. Which is admin, admin. Go to wireless then configure. Select channel selection to manual and then change the channel to 11. Click apply. 11 is a much better channel for your laptop.

I hate to say it but the bt homehub is a pretty decent router. The bt vision box however is tosh.
LMAO, sorry, but thats funny, its absolute crap, really crap!

Golf gt tdi
not a prob with mine either.. (holds breath)
had to get someone to sort the port forwarding thing up so i could use soulseek but not a 1 prob
now i said this it will prob be nothing but trouble now!

182 RB FF
Just been to my Aunts house and she has one of these homehubs, she has an advent laptop but it just won't connect wirelessly, My cousin has a dell and has the same issue. I bought her laptop here and it connected to mine straight away with no issues.

Sometimes it picks it up sometimes it doesn't like the first post on here. I rebooted and reset the hub twice and its made no odds. If i connect wired it works perfect. I even get to the password screen but it just won't accept the password.

Anyone got any ideas?

Brad