ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wireless usb stick or card?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have a laptop at work and take it home (non wi-fi) always using simple cable to router. just wondering if you can get a wirless usb stick or do i need a wi-fi card?
going to put the new router downstairs don't want cables everywhere.
any suggestions and prices?

Cupra
wireless USB stick is probably the cheapest option. They are cheap as chips these days.

Not sure of where the best shops in the UK are for computer hardware so will let somebody else give you some more useful info.

clio
ebuyer usually have a couple cheap ones, i used to break them on a regular basis and could pick up a new one for about £10 max

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
oh so the wireless usb will come with a cd to install? if so sounds ideal for what I want.

182 RB FF
Got to get one of these for a relatives desktop pc that they now moved into the living room to run through the tv.

Can anyone reccomend a decent one for general internet browsing/streaming and downloading a few songs here and there through iTunes?

Nissan Jewk
Get a Web'n'Walk stick, £10 a month, 3Gig limit, on T-mobile, has the best 3G coverage across all networks and voted #1 best Mobile broadband

Clio Dynamique
I never had any luck with the USB wifi sticks, i bought about 3 different makes and they all broke. So i bought a card and it works perfectly, never let me down yet! I got it off eBay for about a fiver.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Get a Web'n'Walk stick, £10 a month, 3Gig limit, on T-mobile, has the best 3G coverage across all networks and voted #1 best Mobile broadband

and slow as f**k in my area, why would he want to do this if he can connect to his wifi network at probably 5 times the speed?

Nissan Jewk
Well if he's only using the laptop at home, then yeah, connect to Wi-Fi, its a no brainer, but I assumed as because its a laptop, he'll be taking it places...