ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wirelss Internet Problem

I have just put in a Netgear wireless internet on to my computer.
After sacking netgears software because it could not see the connection windows on its own had an exelent signal from the router.

I typed 192.168.0.1 into my browser inputed the password and username and set up my internet conection.

All was going well I connected to the internet no problem However I stared to set up some sort of security (WEP) It asked me for code min 8 figs which I inputed. Saved it all.

Now windows can see the network but I cant log onto it and I can not change any settings on the router when I type the IP address in to my browser it says the operation has timed out!

Any ideas folks as not I have a long cable going across my living room.

172 Cup
Let me guess... You started off with the router connected via Ethernet. Entered the setup page on the router, enabled wifi and chose a WEP key/password, saved/flashed the rom and then disconnected the ethernet cable??

If so the router HAS TO be connected to the main PC by Ethernet. Any additional PC's can be connected by wifi..

The router was never connected by a cable. Only wireless. I changed the settings by inputting the IP address into my web browser