ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring a ps2 slimline into glovebox

Golf TDI
rite guys i was hoping someone with a bit more electrical knowledge than me would be able to enlighten me on how i would wire my ps2 slimline into the glovebox , just like it says in the title lol ... i might be buying a screen off a mate and i know where i want to put it . just not too sure on how to power up the ps2 etc .. please help thanks guys .

clio mk 2 MTVedition
'check the wattage on the plug of PS2' !!! before buying a power inverter... Also with these Ps2's you can wire them in straight away avoiding the power inverter you just need a wiring kit (sold at most large car audio shops).....

and is there enough room for the slim to pop the top tray up in the glovebox?

1.6 focus zetec....
An invertor would be the best bet... Ive got mine under the passenger seat as it runs off the 'brain' of my screen (big fcuking box) and was the only place it would fit...

I wouldnt sit in the car and play it without the ignition on either.... will kill the battery in seconds..

Golf TDI
hey guys , been playing around trying to sort this out today first thing i need to know is i have cut the power cable from the ps2 before it gets to the transformer and there are two wires , i take it one is positive and the other is negative ! i need to find somewhere to wire these in . i was thinking of cutting into the positive and negative from my headunit . im not too electrical minded so im not sure which wires to chop into ? any one have any ideas ? also iv got a switch ready that ive drilled into my dash how can i make that turn the ps2 on and off as i dont want it on as it will kill the battery ?! more help would be very appreciated thanks guys .

1.6 focus zetec....
If you wire it into the headunit then it should only turn onto standby when the headunits on... correct?? If so then you won't have a problem with the battery going flat as i assume you will have the car running when the headunits on anyway??

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
If you wire it into the headunit then it should only turn onto standby when the headunits on... correct?? If so then you won't have a problem with the battery going flat as i assume you will have the car running when the headunits on anyway??

wrong, theres always power going to the headunit, however there is an iginition wire that only turns the headunit on when the ignitions on. To have it switch on/off with the igintion you need to chop into both the live and the igintion cables going to the headunit and run it through a relay. Easy enough to do, this is the way i had my PS2 wired in.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
yeh, check ur PM's i have what you need sitting here if your interested. I wouldnt run it the way your running it tbh.

Golf TDI
hopefully this will be up and running tomorrow afternoon so i will get some pics up and show you my new gaming setup lol only thing im worried about is the security of it ! iv fitted the screen where the ashtray , cig lighter etc is and its rite on show to passers by !:O

Golf TDI
rite guys got it all up and running today , it put a smile on my face watching a dvd while on the motorway :) ( while also being aware of the road ha ha ) heres a few pics of it . might build a new frame for it to sit on sometime but itl do for now and also im having problemms putting the headunit back as there are so many wiresbehind there now ! heres some pics ....what do you think ?

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00167.jpg