ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring an amp/sub in a 172.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Sorry to seem a bit thick, but does anyone know exactly where the gomet is to take the power lead from the battery through the car to the amp is on a 172?

Ziel Nurburgring
Should be a guide on the stickies somewhere. But its in the centre passenger footwell, about 18" from the floor up behind the sound deading.

The wire will come out behing the sound deadening in the engine bay and you'll need to remove the fluid reserviour to get to it.

R35 GTR
try to get the gromit out if you can, but it'll never go back in! Mine doesnt.

poke the wire through and up slightly so you can grab it. then in engine bay remove the two bottle to help you get behind the sound proofing/heat shield material thingy.

Not too difficult if you know what you are doing.

If you get a torch, and lie on your back in the passenger footwell you will see the grommit, with the bonnet release cable going through it.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thanks guys,

I'll have ago at the weekend, it shouldn't be a problem now that I know where the gromit is.

I put the cable through on my 172 and my 182 in the dark with a crappy torch in no time at all. You dont need to remove the grommet to push the cable though it, i did mine from the engine bay removed the PAS resevoir fed it down behind the heat/sound insulation on the bulkhead and pushed it through by hand. If you get stuck I'm in swindon and i'll do it for you.

J

jamesy

i think you can get a 5.6mm 8gauge through where the bonnet release cable runs still id prefer to find a grommet whether it goes back in or not just means you get that nice induction roar inside the car:evil:

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
i think you can get a 5.6mm 8gauge through where the bonnet release cable runs still id prefer to find a grommet whether it goes back in or not just means you get that nice induction roar inside the car:evil:

4 gauge will go, iirc someone put 0 gauge through the same hole :S

J

jamesy

4 gauge is a shocker but 0 thats one big hole you sure dale winturn did'nt get to it first?:rasp:

Renault Clio
Any chance since were on the same thing here, someone could tell me if there is a grommit on a Renault Clio Grande Y/01...? Cos for about a year now I have been drilling holes into the engine bay from the passengers footwell due to not being able to find one.

RS Clio 200
is it not easier and better to have a seperate battery in the back of the car for the sound system.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
problem there is connecting it to some kind of alternator to keep the charge..

RS Clio 200
true..... do some research...... i know west coast customs dont use the main battery when they do installs.... might be worth contacting a UK based version to see what they do.