ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring diagram for connectors into speedo

vectra+clio172 cup
Hi all,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram with colours of wires into the speedo/dash, specifically the abs and gearbox change light??

Thanks

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
172dashwiring1.jpg

172dashwiring2.jpg

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I'm pretty sure it's part of the top left connection. But if you're having trouble with the speedo display then it's more likely the gearbox speedo sensor and/or associated connection. (This is assuming you have a jc5089 or equivalent gearbox)

vectra+clio172 cup
Hi Danny
I need to know which wire is the airbag?one, no. 6,? and which one is the gear one.
i don't understand the diagram sorry.

SQ5
The gear one doesn't have a number, it connects in somehow with the SERV light. So there isn't a set light for that, my guess is it works off of the RPM internally.

vectra+clio172 cup
It shows tensioner gear and airbag lights but i can't work out which one they relate to.
there's a pint owing for this one!!

vectra+clio172 cup
Ok Danny heres what I'm at. The airbag light is constantly on. I want to use the car as a track car but need it roadworthy to get it up to the track but can't get the car through mot without getting the airbag light to switch on and off. Now instead of me spending hundreds on a car that is simply going to do a small mileage, i.e. on a track, I am trying to get the airbag light wire joined onto another wire, i.e. the gear one which goes on and off when car is started on the dash.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ok Danny heres what I'm at. The airbag light is constantly on. I want to use the car as a track car but need it roadworthy to get it up to the track but can't get the car through mot without getting the airbag light to switch on and off. Now instead of me spending hundreds on a car that is simply going to do a small mileage, i.e. on a track, I am trying to get the airbag light wire joined onto another wire, i.e. the gear one which goes on and off when car is started on the dash.

Why don't you just get it plugged into Clip and have the airbags disabled?

vectra+clio172 cup
Good point Mcgherkin, but just trying to save a few pounds to be honest, renault is £85 per hour….. There is no reason for me to put the car right when it's going to be tracked. Rather spend money on aftermarket stuff that makes it go quicker. It's a 13 year old car now and I have another car anyway, the good old vauxhall vectra as a daily worker.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sod paying 80 odd quid. Find a local trader with it and they'll probably do it for the cost of a pint or two. It's a 5 minute job to check to see what's causing the light and disable it.

SQ5
You won't get the air bag light off by cutting a wire. You'll need to open up the case and get the LED off the board.

Only way is Clip, or resistor but if it's on now I believe it's too late.

vectra+clio172 cup
Ok, so then it looks like I'm burdened with a car that needs to go to renault or a very good auto electrician. The story is, the previous owner had a shunt but didn't knock out airbags, but airbag light and serv light on and seat belt pre-tenseniors all open circuits and also rear seat belts as well. I have never been stung before but looks like the previous owner had not been completely straight and this fault is bigger than connectors under the seat. The thing was, and still is, that the car drives 110%!!!!
Then I tried to unlock the airbag ecu by sending it to an ebay dude and he said it was unlocked after impact data was erased. Got it back and straightaway airbag light back on. Got a friend of a friend who owns a garage to stick it on a snap on diagnostic and every time he tries to clear the codes the light comes straight back up again, with all codes still present. He thought maybe this was a major wire fault which was maybe due to stretched wires somewhere before the airbag ECU and the engine main ECU causing a short out as it was unlikely all pretensioners had gone and they don't look to be stretched anyway.
So, I think I'm gonna have to take a big hit on this one to sort as it is way beyond my capabilities, and I was just looking a quick fix to just get me through the test as discussed previously. I may have to stop drinking to pay for this…….feckety feck. Anyone know the best rate for a loan or do renault let you pay by instalments!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Pretensioners don't stretch, they get shorter. If they look like they've pulled in, then they've fired and will turn your airbag light on again.

vectra+clio172 cup
Have you ever lost the will to live McGherkin, If you have you'll understand!! Forgive me in my haste of writing, what I meant was seat belts are both the same height so I presume they have not fired?? Going to go to an auto spark tomorrow. For some reason I trust him more than leaving it to renault. They know how to charge all right!

vectra+clio172 cup
Isle of Man graham. I need the light to go on then off as per standard set up. There's always a boat if you're that keen!! He he he....

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
10836605_10203218730820045_117309184_n.jpg

IIRC the over-rev light RPM can be changed when mapping the car?
Callum, which pins do I need to apply 12v across in order to illuminate the dials?

I want to test the one I'm swapping LEDs on before I strip out my current one.