ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Diagrams

Hi all.

Does anyone have or knows anyone that has the wiring diagrams of the MK1 172 ?

Allso, if anyone has the blue prints of the 172 engine ?

Meaby someone has or can get the original CD that the garage has with all the info on the car ? I think its in PDF format.

Lastly, I need some photos of the ne Megane Turbo engien and engien bay.

Thanks !!!

Ive looked for the drawings but cannot find them realy.

The dialogues CDs have aloads of info in them though they have the pin out/ ins for the ECU if you interested and would help.

Might be best getting copy Smokey sells them on here.

If you want me to try and find any particular stuff drop us a message.

As for Megan engine have a look back in the media pictures when the car came out there were some pictures taken but I dont think there would be enough to allow you to as I thik your doing undersand the entire wiring of the engine.

Migh be worth going or having a look at K-tec car as that has a turbo in it.

Volvo S60 T5

Reno wiring diagrams are useless unless you know how to read them, I have a large selection on my computer, the full diagrams for many cars not the basic Dialogys ones, the VSIU one

PM me I might be able to help.

First , thanks for the help everyone.

edde - The K-Tec car wouldnt help for two resons.

1) They are using the original 172 inlet manifold for the turbo project, while i am using the original Inlet/Outlet manifold and turbo form Renault from the F4RT engien (Megane RS engien).

2) I am not from the UK , so can just jump over to see it.

Who is this "Smokey" , so i can ask him for the CDs?

Mike172sport - I have PMed you !

Thanks

The ECU Pin outs, would defenetly help.

Quote: Originally posted by Master Chief on 25 May 2004

Who is this "Smokey" , so i can ask him for the CDs?
The ECU Pin outs, would defenetly help.
Whats your email addres I need it to send the PDF file to. Pm it me if you dont want to risk getting any spam

Smokey is someone who sells them on here have a search for him he sells the cds for £7.50 I think
Good luck with the project what sort of power are you aiming for?

Fred2001Dynamic , I know !

In fact, the top bolt points match, only the bottom ones dont.

Its a simple maner of an expert weleder to weld some bolting points on the manifold, no biggi.

A bigger problem, is in fact the throtle body. On the mk1 i have a mechanical TB not like on the MeganeRS or MK2 172, witch is fly by wire.

I cant use the one that came with the manifold, and i cant use my own TB because it has 4 mounting bolts where the turbo inlet manifold has only 3.

Allso the TB on the turbo is mutch smaller than the on of the 172 NA engine.

I will have to either find a mechanical TB that will fir the manifold, or fabricate some kind of flange to convert from 3 to 4 bolts.

EDDE , since i intend to first build it on a closed engine, i wont be able to boost more the 5 PSI safley, so i dont expect mutch. I will be happy with the sound of a blow off valve and 200BHP.

After all of that will work, ill get some pistons and con rods and look to the future !!!

Ill look for Smokey, and i PM you !

Lionel Richie

im gonna make an adapter plate so i can use a 4 bolt mount TB

I was shocked by the size of the TB on the RS!!!! Its only about 50mm dia!!!! but as its turbo, it doesnt really matter!!!

what ECU you gonna use Master??? Im going for DTA

172 rods are fine mate, same as RS/vel satis items (i have 2 complete engines, inc low comp pistons)

I thaught of making an adapter, but when i got to it , it seemed more complicated than i thaught originaly.

The problem is that i dont want to weld the adapter to the Turbo manifold, so i have a problem desinging the bolt mounting points.

Anyway, i think it will be easyer to find meaby a TB that fits, from meaby one of the other renault models. When ill get my TIS Dialogys discs, ill be able to look for one that meaby fits. (BTW - Smokey , thanks, but i got them on ebay already)

As for the ECU , since iam staing only at about 200bhp at start , a simple remap of the chip will do. After that i thaught meaby of the GREDDY E-Manage piggybag ECU. Dont realy know yet.

Allso i rodered the GREADDY RPOFEC E01 boost controller. It has lots of features and can be connected to aditional sensors like the lambda and an EGT , and display everything at once and control the boost thru out the rev range..... Realy cool stuff.

What is DTA ? Never heard of them.

About the RODs, its good news, The question is if its worth taking the chance ?

With 200 - 250 BHP, meaby not, but i am aiming mutch higer eventualy.

If the can get 450 bhp from a honda 1.8 engine, iam sure we can get at list 400 from a renault engine...... then again, its a Renault and not a Honda.

Lionel Richie

Problem is as far as i know, the 172 ECU isnt boost aware, so as soon as you try and blow any boost through the TB itll shut!!!!

Adapter plate is easy, square bit of 3/8 inch thick ali, drill the three holes and attach to existing mani with countersunk screws, then drill 4 holes through the plate and mount the TB, simple as that!!!

The megane RS uses 172 rods (as far as i know) so theyre good for at least 250bhp (BenR will say yes or no im sure!!)

DTA is an english ECU company, very big with the VW boys over here

Great help soneji, as always.

The rod are more than fine for just about any BHP output you put on it, the highest loads are on the exhaust stroke at TDC, no during the ignition stage.

Use the 172 inlet manifold then.

Convert to the MK1 cable throttle if you can, itll make running the DTA management of a normal potentiometer easier.

Guys thanks for the help... Meaby you can help further since i seem to encountered an unexpected problem. I have opened a tread about it -

"Turbo Charging my 172"

Thanks !!!