ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring loom modification

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
£1200 included fully heat-shrinked harness with decent quality wire, spec 55 for the crank trigger / any other critical shielded circuits, and all the correct OEM connectors.
I think 1200 is a fair price and that's just a quote, by the time you add in other details like fuse boxes, switches, relays, how to start the car button or keep the key and barrel, fan over ride and other bits it'll be 1500-1600 plus. So time consuming and a lot hard than it looks.

I've hassled and hassled beanie sport to make me one for over 18 months but he won't do it as it's so time consuming and costing.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
£1200 included fully heat-shrinked harness with decent quality wire, spec 55 for the crank trigger / any other critical shielded circuits, and all the correct OEM connectors.
I think 1200 is a fair price and that's just a quote, by the time you add in other details like fuse boxes, switches, relays, how to start the car button or keep the key and barrel, fan over ride and other bits it'll be 1500-1600 plus. So time consuming and a lot hard than it looks.

I've hassled and hassled beanie sport to make me one for over 18 months but he won't do it as it's so time consuming and costing.

To give you a rough idea, I've modified the existing loom in the engine bay side, and I'm on my 3rd round of interior loom modifications to remove anything not necessary (including UCH, key, fusebox etc) and I've been working on mine since December 2016. I'd hazard a guess that it'll average out to 2-3 hours per week, so I've probably spent 50-60 hours so far, and I reckon I;ve got the same again. Not to mention the costs for wires, connectors, tools for connectors etc. It's a huge job, which is why I'm doing mine bit by bit. Its not the best way to do it, but its the most cost effective and doesn;t put the car out of commission for long periods of time

dan's cast offs.
You can easily spend £3,000 getting loom and associated bits for it.

Also working with can signal wires is a pain in the bum, the core is like a bloody human hair!!!!

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Wow! That is a lot of dough for a loom :( almost makes me think why even bother??? The main idea was for weight saving... but for £3k I can just drop a turbo on it and forge about extra 5kg loom gives me ha ha.

dan's cast offs.
that's for something fancy and decent spec though, basic loom for a clio shouldn't be anywhere near that.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
1200 quid 😂

CamMoreRon on here can. Building the mental 205
on here.
Beanie sport can but won't, EFi maybe but he's probably so busy too.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
So what do people do than? Give up and use as is? Or modify f**k up, buy replacement and use as is lol... seems like there are no solutions. Either spend thousands or shut up and leave as is/modify yourself...

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Bodge and Cut out what you don't want or buy the propa tools to remove the pins from the plugs.

Buy an omex 600 and semi assembled loom and do the rest. Or get omex to make you a full loom email them.

Puremotorsport can organise DTA to make you a loom.

Is your car a track car?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Puremotorsport can organise DTA to make you a loom.

Is your car a track car?

DTA can make a loom for standard engine? I've looked at their looms for throttle bodies via PMS, but if they can/will then I'd be interested

Thanks

Ads

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi Guys.
Probably a long shot but... anybody know what this connect to? [emoji54]kinda have noooo idea...
Clio 172 non cup interior loom if it makes a difference
43f65c81e0cf47883366290d33751380.jpg
219e215223f25eaed2230610c6228f59.jpg
ec8219275f4d4e8391b546d82296f700.jpg
2775ad7d63f140074eda58ad32526fe9.jpg
9821d3c45ed3f4586a620ba6ae8c391b.jpg
fb7bd17ca037cc895012a90aaa06846f.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Second plug (green one) goes up to interior light in the headlining and I believe no 3 (black/blue plug) is for cigarette lighter. Not 100% on the rest though, I'd also like to know what the first one is, it's never been connected to anything on my 172 to the best of my knowledge

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Second plug (green one) goes up to interior light in the headlining and I believe no 3 (black/blue plug) is for cigarette lighter. Not 100% on the rest though, I'd also like to know what the first one is, it's never been connected to anything on my 172 to the best of my knowledge

Hmm thanks but not 100% that's the one (green) it's too short. It's actually connected to plug 1 (black) directly with 2 wires and located too close to fuse box/UCH.
f50bcb45beb02cf53d2513d5bc50db48.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Looks identical to the one I had, should sit roughly at the base of the n/s a pillar

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Forgot to grab a photo but had a look through the non existent n/s dash vent on my cup and there's definitely a green plug at the bottom of the A pillar/next to tweeter on top of the lower dash, I'm certain it's that one mate

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Forgot to grab a photo but had a look through the non existent n/s dash vent on my cup and there's definitely a green plug at the bottom of the A pillar/next to tweeter on top of the lower dash, I'm certain it's that one mate
yes i think you are right. got it chopped out already! + all the other plugs lol. figured if i dont know what they connect to, it must not be needed. Because RACE car ha ha