ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring sub and amp

Ok i just wired up my 12" sub and amp but the sub is NOT working !! :(

it was workin a few days ago tho , and all ive done since then is use my rca leads on the stereo for my dvd player , and i plugged everything in to the amp , power remote and earth , and wired the sub to the amp but its not working...Anyone know what it could be , maybe a dodgy earth would do this ? Or any other suggestions , i tried a few diffrent subs and another amp so i know its noth them that r fooked..

Cheers

Rich

Clio 172 Ph2

Is you sub output turned on on the stereo? Do you even have such a thing?! (mine does).

Is your amp coming on? If not, its probably the remote wire.

i just bought a brand new box yesterday and fitted my sub in to it wired it all up , so thats fine ! I tested 2 diffrent amps and 2 diffrent subs and nothing works ! im guessing its the remote wire .... will it not work at all if the remote is not connected properly ??

both amps were working as the power light was comin on , so the power and earth must be fine ?? would it not work if the earth was dodgy ??

mk1 proto

my advice would b take it all out agian n check every connection! as rb_172 said-make sure your sub out put is turned on on your head unit! doulble chech that the rcas are connected properly n to the correct out put! i know it sounds silly but check all of the fuses aswell! pm me if u solve it or get nemore problems!

get a battery and connect it to the sub ( an AA does the trick ) this is enough to cause ( white i think ) noise through the sub, you will see it travel out wards or inwards dependant on the phase.. if it works, your sub is fine...

if you are gettin the power light on your amp, then the positive, ground and remote are fine..

did you connect your DVD to the RCA whilst it was wired into the pre-outs on your stereo ?? if you did you may have damaged the HU...

can you try the amp and sub in another car ??

if the amp is coming on then your remote wire is fine...does the amp produce sound through normal speakers?

other than that, just check every connection.

my power lights coming on , so that means the power , earth and remote are fine ? i only have 1 set of rca leads on my cd player so the dvd player was plugged in to the rcas and only for a day or 2.Havent tried solving this problem yet as the weathers been sh*t , so hopefully ill have a look tomorrow!

Cheers for the advice

Rich