ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wishbone/ ball joint issue

Clio sport 172
Has anybody else had a issue with the 2 ball joint bolts on the wishbone coming loose?

I’ve been on a track day today and had brand new wishbones which were strengthened and polybushed, but the bolts on the ball joint kept comin really loose, they are now going to get welded on so they don’t come loose just interested to see if it’s a common problem

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I currently have the same issue. Most common answer will be 'You've fitted the M10 Balljoint not the M12', but this definitely isn't the case with mine. Even with Loctite it still comes loose.

Still need to buy some new Bolts/Nuts to test out in fairness

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
New bolts with nyloc nuts and they shouldn't be coming loose.

Never had a problem with mine in 6 years of track days.

There has to be a reason why it's doing it. Probably a simple fix too when you work it out.

Clio sport 172
Yeah they shouldn’t be coming loose at all, they are brand new bolts I presume the standard ones, will put some m12 in and tax weld them on anyway to make sure, wasn’t ideal on track that’s for sure 😅

Clio sport 172
They were air gun tight, I didn’t actually do it as my mate who is my mechanic did them, but they came loose a couple of times, was really strange