ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

with or with out the white stripes?

182 with cup packs
Gary G said:
I've never had one person try to race me!! :( lol.

Seats cost anything from £360 plus harnesses upwards....the monaco's in mine are £120ish i think then the subframes are another £60 or so each. Hope that helps mate.

have you still got your rear seats in??? i want harnesses for my recaros but wanna keep rear seats in use, is there any way i can secure the harnesses under my recaros?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have the stripes on mine. I was going to remove them but I thought it made the car stand out and I do kinda like them.
Some days I wake up and think they look crap but when the car is spotlessly clean it looks great!

And yes, I get people trying to race me quite a lot! I don't give them the chance to because I leave it for the track.

182 with cup packs
i cant help but leave them sittin at the lights, and the face of the guy in the porshe boxster-s is priceless. looked at me like... wot the fuk have you got under that bonnet.... he probably sold his boxter the same day and bought a 182 for a fraction of the price. ha ha

Shhh
Also, makes the blue look a better blue that without. The blue without stripes looks horrible...

I have a full 182 with all the packs in this colour with stripes, the stripes make it a must as it stands out from the crowd. Ive seen a few non striped racing blue 182's, and they dont look that good. Look like they have ran out of cash.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I agree that the Racing Blue doesn't look that great without the stripes on it, but then again its all down to personal taste.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Nothing, apart from replace them. You can't use glue or anything like that as it will damage the paintwork. There are some companies out there who will make them for you quite cheap.

182 with cup packs
so just take them off and get new ones, guess this solves my problem... i will take them off because of the peeling and if i dont like it just get new ones... thanks peeps

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Mine came with crappy peeling stripes....kept them for 8 months then decided to pull them off. Personal preference at the end of the day!

I felt a bit chavvy with them on my car tbh, plus i'm pretty young also so it wasnt really working for me imo

Octavia VRS
I wouldn't have them although my mate had one with stripes and it didn't look as bad as I thought it might

Black/Gold 182
if the stripes are peeling and you wanna keep them (not for me) you should go back to Renault and complain

clio 1.2 16v sport
no keep em on. its to comemorate some french rally guy who won in a renault, at the time that waas the colour scheem for the racing team. well thats what i read anyway. plus didnt you have pay extra for the stripes, it was dear and all, doesnt make sense to pay so much for something to just take off. your car will look just like the next 182 that drives past.

VRS
AliasOmega said:
Also, makes the blue look a better blue that without. The blue without stripes looks horrible...
Ive seen a few non striped racing blue 182's, and they dont look that good. Look like they have ran out of cash.

in your opinion of course ;)
my logic is different because in my opinion it looks like the owners have gone to halfrauds and bought a ripspeed stick on stripe set :D

Megane Mk4
AliasOmega said:

I have a full 182 with all the packs in this colour with stripes, the stripes make it a must as it stands out from the crowd. Ive seen a few non striped racing blue 182's, and they dont look that good. Look like they have ran out of cash.

It's not that I ran out of cash, it just didn't warrant paying that amount of money for 2 vinyl white strips when I could have bought then at Hal"frauds" for a fraction of the cost. I've had vinyl on my car before and tbh it cheapens the car. It's doesn't do anything for performance so why have them?

Besides .. If we're thinking about it on the scale of cheapness.. ANYONE who has a racing blue is tight, because It's the only colour you didnt have to pay extra to have ;) lol

Andi

Clio 172 Ph2 in Silver
Without. They look tacky with the stripes on. You don't see other road cars with them on so why a Clio!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Id say keep em, and do me a favor, measure the width of them and the distance they are apart for me, i wanna get some made up in anthracite to match my spangly new turinis when its back from bodyshop! ;)