ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Witness Dash cam.. A must have!

Ged

PD130 Peach
This iphone app called "Witness" and record in my setting 2 min videos.. I set it to take about 5 of these 2 min loops before it starts to write over the oldest if you get me?

I think it will prove very usefull in town driving or if you see anything you want to show to people, easy to hit the save button and it saves the segment you are on and the previous one to view later.

Also shows the exact location of the video and each second of the video on a map, its just really good!

Oh it also can send an email to someone if you have a crash... Which I have set to myself incase it gets it wrong...

69p on the app store and recently shown on the new Fifth Gear.

Heres a test of it, our roads round here are horrid.

Anyone else using it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ged

PD130 Peach
Thats my iphone 4 in the tomtom specific charge + extra gps in the holder, works great with sat nav, never drops its signal!

Ged

PD130 Peach
Does the iPhone 4 fit in that holder?!?

I had one for my iPod, was great.

In relation to the app, can it run in the background?

yeah it came with a little rubber tab you had to stick on to make the iphone 4 charge ect in it, but works beautifuly, my most used thing apart from the iPhone itself!

And no wont run in the backround, but tomtom app will, so if you can live on voice guidance you can use sat nav that way... I just use the dashcam for local roads and places i know

Ged

PD130 Peach
I had that issue. Just carbon wrapped my phone to protect from scratches. I had one of them otterbox defender massive mega case on and a fall from waist hight still smashed a screen.

So I take the risk :p

Ged

PD130 Peach
[video=youtube_share;_QIlMCFxvpk]http://youtu.be/_QIlMCFxvpk[/video]

Almost haha

Ged

PD130 Peach
bumper is already fecked from the last animal i hit, cant afford it atm, so since no cars i was taking the chance... was a grouse so not ideal!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Downloaded this yesterday based on this thread and used it all day at Knockhill today, full HD rapes the battery hard but othwerwise its a good wee thing, superb for 69p!

Ged

PD130 Peach
glad you like it :) my mount also charges so is not an issue! Did you set the video segments quite long and allot of them?

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive downloaded it and it records ok but i cant get the mph to work ....................

Ged

PD130 Peach
You've started a thread about a safety camera app that can record accidents - and shown a video of you doing 70mph on a windy public back road?

Congrats!

That's the main a689 and i know it like the back of my penis :)

Ged

PD130 Peach
tomtom mount is the one to use!

also, since this thread is more active, my most recent capture...

Most of you who see what iv posted will know the animals iv hit... Now iv got a dash cam i can proove im not bieng a clot... 30mph, slowed to under 25 and look... Not much damage this time though...

Thud, abs, swearing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ged

PD130 Peach
cost me 90 quid when i first got it! It has an extra gps receiver in the mount, a bigger speaker and bluetooth connectivity...Its really good, and has lasted me over 3 years nicely

Ged

PD130 Peach
That's why I'm going to htc one x. Then keeping my old 4 as an in car satnav/dashcam/iPod/games/obd gadget!