ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wll handbrake work with bleeded lines ?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I am going to replace the brake lines with some new braided ones.
The only thing i don't want to bother with is the bleeding part and let that be done by my local garage wich is 300-400 meters away.
My plan was to go walking speed to the garage with the handbrake there if needed.

But in order for this plan to work my handbrake has to work while no pressure is on the brake lines.
And thats my question, does the handbrake wich is run by a cable work with no pressure on the rear brake lines ?

Just get the garage to change them as bleeding/labour charges we only be a fraction cheaper than if they were to fit them.

Plus even driving at walking speed if a child/pet runs out!!

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Plus even driving at walking speed if a child/pet runs out!!

During this trip there are no home's what so over only company's (industrie area).
I understand the risk (all though very very small) but i just want to learn how to do this so i can do it the next time (local garage will show me).
They don't have time to do the lines them selves thats the reason why i am going to do this myself.