ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wlliams feature in MAx Power Mag

Black Gold Meggy 225
Dont normally buy Max power but my local had sold my copy of Evo (w*****s) so I brought Max Power expecting a crappy read only to find a 4 page feature on the Clio Williams. Car number 0001? Really?

Who has seen it??

106 GTi
0001 is owned by Renault (was at the Goodwood FOS, RWS, FCS etc) so likely it is that car featured.

106 GTi
IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

Black Gold Meggy 225
Interesting the feature is called how to bag the worlds best hot hatch for 4K...I dont think it was the one above? but if it was surley it would be worth more than 4K...I know that if it was ford sale when i brought the meggy it would have been a serious contender. Imagine that owning Williams No 0001.

106 GTi
Will be just being used for the pictures as its the probably best example of a Williams.

didnt willy number 1 sell for something like £18k?? or was I smoking crack the day I thought I read that?

Black Gold Meggy 225
Yeah I thought it went for stupid money......worth it thou. it owuld be a great addition to anyones collection

BMW E46 330i Touring
Willy 1 is owned by Renault, so I'm sure they paid as much as they needed to to secure it.

I'd imagine the feature just used Williams 0001 as an example, with the Willy being considered the best hot hatch ever. £4k will get you a mint Williams, but not 0001.

Black Mk2 172
Im sure i saw one for sale a while back in a mag like redline or something for 9k , had something like 8k on the clock.

Vee dub
They used a pic of my valver last time they featured a little buyers guide for the williams! he he

Vee dub
Yeah I got a copy... a mate gave it to me... lol

That's twice it's been in max power... and it's standard! lol

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting the feature is called how to bag the worlds best hot hatch for 4K...I dont think it was the one above? but if it was surley it would be worth more than 4K...I know that if it was ford sale when i brought the meggy it would have been a serious contender. Imagine that owning Williams No 0001.

imagine if u totalled it! :quiet:

Renaul5 gave 001 to Williams but it when up for sale along witha load of other bits earlier in the year but enault did a private deal to get 001 back hence its recient showing at FCS and the Renault world series.

Civic Vtec y0

hasnt that happened before?

hasnt that happened before?
Nope MR Frenac eIlliams crashed a pre production 18 which had all the 2.0 Williams bits etc and it was commonly told to the press that it was a Williams so they thought it was 001. 001 has barly any miles on it.
^^ how could it have happened b4? :S

Could have been fixed up Upuntil a few years ao they still had the jigs to build another shell. There enough spares out there to build another car excpet for one or two little bits body shell for starters.